Ever since iOS 14 added the option to add widgets to your Home screen, many apps have been offering this functionality. Music lovers will be pleased to know that you can add a Spotify widget on your iPhone for quick access to whatever you’ve been listening to.
You can choose between a small widget that displays whatever was playing when you last used the Spotify app or a slightly larger widget that shows the covers of up to five of your recently played artists, playlists, albums, or podcasts. Just tap a cover and instantly return to listening to it.
Sounds exciting? Here’s how to get a Spotify widget on iOS 14.
How to add a Spotify widget to your iOS 14 home screen
- Activate the jiggle mode by tapping and holding on a widget or an empty spot on your Home screen.
- Tap the + sign at the screen’s top.
- Scroll down and select Spotify from the list.
- Select the size of the widget you want to add and Tap the Add Widget button.
- Adjust the widget placement as you like by dragging it with your finger.
- Tap anywhere to exit the jiggle mode.
You’ll now be able to see your recently played tracks at a glance and tap them for quick access. Pretty handy, right?
Enjoying the Spotify widget on your iOS 14 home screen?
Do you prefer using widgets on your iPhone home screen, or do you feel they add to the clutter? If you’re like me and think they make life easier, then you should check out the best iOS 14 widgets. And if you have any suggestions, drop them in the comments below.
You may want to take a peek at:
- How to organize your iPhone apps
- How to install fonts on iPhone and iPad
- Change iPhone Wallpaper Automatically
- Add Filters to Video on iPhone or iPad