Swiping left on your iPhone’s Lock Screen opens the camera. This quick access feature is usually handy, but it can also be annoying. For instance, since the Camera app opens without needing to unlock your iPhone, anyone can access it. So you might want to disable the camera from your iPhone Lock Screen. There’s a simple way to do this; just follow the steps outlined below.
Use Screen Time to disable camera access from iPhone Lock Screen
- Go to the Settings app → Scroll down and tap Screen Time.
- If it is your first time using Screen Time, you will see a summary of the feature. Now, tap on Continue. You will be asked if the iPhone belongs to you or your children. Select the appropriate option.
- Scroll down and select Content & Privacy Restrictions.
- Toggle on Content & Privacy Restrictions.
- Then navigate to Allowed Apps → Toggle off Camera.
That’s it. Now, when you lock your screen and swipe left, the Camera app will no longer open. In fact, the Camera icon will get blurred out.
Note: When you use Screen Time to turn off camera access from your iPhone Lock Screen, the Camera app is also removed from the Home Screen. So you will no longer be able to use the app at all. But not to worry, there are many other excellent camera apps you can try.
Do you prefer to access the camera from your Lock Screen to capture photos in a jiffy? Or will you remove it to prevent unauthorized or accidental use? Share your thoughts in the comments below.
You might want to refer to these posts as well:
- How to customize your iPhone Lock Screen
- Undo and Redo Typing On an iPad and iPhone
- iPhone Lock Screen wallpaper disappeared? How to fix it!
Readers like you help support iGeeksBlog. When you make a purchase using links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read Disclaimer.