Just like ‘AirDrop Me,’ “I’ll iMessage you!!’ is a common phrase used by iPhone users. Though it might sound like an unfamiliar word for Android users, the functionality was introduced solely for iPhone users to create a seamless and secure communication channel. The chat feature lets you communicate seamlessly. If you haven’t yet used it, here’s how you activate iMessage on your iPhone and iPad.
- What is iMessage?
- How to Turn ON iMessage on your iPhone and iPad
- Enable or Disable SMS & iMessage Previews on iPhone and iPad
What is iMessage?
In simple language, iMessage is an end-to-end encrypted instant messaging service developed by Apple solely for its users. It lets you send texts, videos, images, and documents between iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, and Mac.
What is the Difference Between Text Message and iMessage?
Let’s have a look at some of them;
- SMS involves carrier charges or a dedicated text message plan, while iMessage utilizes the internet.
- SMS is available for everyone, while iMessage is solely for Apple users.
- iMessage is much faster and supports different file types, unlike traditional SMS feature.
How to Turn ON iMessage on your iPhone and iPad
- On your iPhone, launch the Settings app.
- Tap on Messages.
- Turn the iMessage toggle On.
Now, you can either use your Apple ID for using iMessage or your contact number.
Apart from that, if you’ve turned the Send as SMS toggle On, it would send the iMessage as a text message when the former is not available. The Network provider messaging rates may apply.
Enable or Disable SMS & iMessage Previews on iPhone and iPad
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap on Notifications.
- Now, to turn On message previews in iMessage, scroll down, find Messages, and tap on it.
- Scroll down and tap on Show Previews. Now, you can either keep them. On for always, show them when your device is unlocked or keep it to never show previews.
You can choose Always or When Unlocked in case you wish to preview the notifs.
Read Also 👉 How to Turn iMessage Read Receipts On and Off
Apart from all of these, you might even face an error when trying to activate iMessage. Here’s our post to help you get through the error smoothly.
I hope you are helped, and all your queries regarding the activate iMessage on your iPhone are resolved. In case you still have some queries. Kindly drop us your questions in the comment section below!
Till then, Keep Reading!
You may also check out related posts:
- Use Emoji Tapbacks in iMessage on iPhone and iPad
- Play iMessage Games on iPhone
- Use Bubble and Screen Effects in iMessage
- How to Change iMessage Bubble Color on iPhone and iPad