It’s important to deregister your phone number from iMessage before switching to a non-Apple device. Because if you move without doing, the sender may keep sending iMessages, and they might not get delivered. But never mind, in this article, we show you how to deregister iMessage using iPhone or iPad and online.
- How to Deregister iMessage from Your iPhone or iPad
- How to Deregister iMessage Online
- How Long Does It Take to Deregister iMessage
How to Deregister iMessage from Your iPhone or iPad
If you still have the device, reinsert your SIM and then follow these steps to deactivate iMessage.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap on Messages.
- Turn off the toggle for iMessage.
- Now to go FaceTime in the Settings app.
- Turn off the FaceTime toggle to finally deactivate iMessage service.
How to Deregister iMessage Online
In case you don’t have your iPhone, opt for this step to deregister iMessage without iPhone.
- Open a web browser and visit selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage
- Select the right country by clicking on the flag icon.
- Enter your cell number then click on Send Code.
- Enter the confirmation code sent on your mobile in the box below.
- Click on Submit to deregister your Phone number.
You’ll receive a confirmation message informing you that your number is deregistered from iMessage services.
How Long Does It Take to Deregister iMessage
When the deregistration process is completed, your number is removed from iMessage services. However, some Apple devices may take a few hours to identify that your number is finally deactivated. After that, you’ll start getting SMS to your number instead of iMessages.
Wasn’t it easy to deregister your number from iMessage? What’s you take on it? Let us know in the comment section below! Here are some of the best iMessage alternatives that you can enjoy.
Get to know more about iMessage service on Apple devices.
- How to Turn Off Read Receipts on iPhone for iMessage
- iMessage Waiting for Activation on iPhone? Here’s the Fix!