Read Receipts in iMessage seems pretty useful when you need to send an important message to somebody and eagerly waiting for their reply. But it may appear intrusive at the same time when you receive a message and it gets marked as read in the sender’s conversation. If you think it is more of a problem for you, let me show you how to turn off read receipts on iPhone for iMessage.
- How to Turn Off iMessage Read Receipts for All Messages
- How to Disable iMessage Read Receipts for Certain Contacts
How to Turn Off iMessage Read Receipts for All Messages
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap on Messages.
- Turn off the switch for Send Read Receipts.
Conversations in your messages won’t able to see a Read Receipt from now onwards. If you change your mind, you can enable it by turning the switch on. In a case that not all conversations are trivial, you can opt for another solution.
How to Disable iMessage Read Receipts for Certain Contacts
- Launch the Messages app on your iPhone.
- Pick a conversation that you won’t like to send Read Receipts.
- Tap on the name of the contact located on the top of the screen.
- Select info from the available options.
- Turn off the toggle of Send Read Receipts.
You can turn off the Read Receipts for multiple contacts with the help of these steps. This works best when you need to manage settings for several contacts in the Messages app.
If you think you need to start giving the person on the other hand receipts, you can turn on the toggle with the same steps.
The Read Receipts is an excellent feature that you can use according to your preferences. As not all messages are vital to address proper communication, you can set the right settings for each conversation and keep complete privacy.
If you’re facing the same issue in WhatsApp, then must check out this post.
You would like to read these posts as well:
- iMessage Not Working on iPhone
- iMessage Waiting for Activation on iPhone? Here’s the Fix!
- How to Use Bubble and Screen Effects in iMessage
- How to Play iMessage Games on iPhone
I am an aspiring tech blogger who is always in love with new generation iPhones and iPads. At iGeeksBlog, I am dedicated to rendering the How-To's, Troubleshooting bugs, and reviewing apps that are a great deal of help. When I am not writing, I am daydreaming about the future of all things Apple and watching videos of smartphone battles on YouTube.