Voice message carries a personal substance than a regular written text message. With this, you can easily voice record your own words and say what you feel with pauses, whisper, high and low pitch, etc. It has more emotion. In this guide, let me show you two ways to send a voice message on your iPhone.
How to Send Voice Messages with the Message App
- Open the Messages app on your iPhone.
- Tap on an iMessage conversation or start a new one by tapping the compose button in the upper right and add a contact.
- Touch and hold the gray audio wave icon on the right of the typing box.
- Speak your message.
- Once done, leave your hold. Now, you can tap the triangle play button to hear what you recorded. Tap the cross button to cancel and re-record a message.
- To send the voice message, tap on the bubble icon with an upward arrow.
Done! You have successfully sent a voice message in iMessage on iPhone.
In case you are the receiver of a voice message, tap on the triangle play button to hear the audio message. If you have enabled “Raise to Listen” under Settings app → Messages, then you can lift the phone to your ear (like on a phone call) and listen to the voice message.
By default, voice messages expire after 2 minutes of listening. But you can choose to keep/save voice messages.
How to Send Audio Messages Using Voice Memos App
- Open the Voice Memos app on your iPhone.
- Tap the red button to record a voice note.
Pro Tip: While recording, tap anywhere on the black recording card, to open this in full screen. Now you can pause your recording and resume it conveniently.
- Tap the red square button when you finish recording the voice clip. (Tap pause button and then Done, if you are in full screen.)
- Tap the three dots icon below the latest New Recording.
- Tap Share.
- Next, tap Messages. (Or if you see the person’s name/picture in the Share Sheet, then you may tap on that as well.)
- Type the recipient’s name and finally tap on the blue send button.
You have successfully shared a voice note on iMessage using the in-built Voice Memos app. Now, open the Messages app and continue your conversation.
That’s all, mate!
These are two easy ways to send a voice message on the iPhone. You can follow this on the iPad and Mac as well. In both these methods, we used the in-built Apple apps. But you can also use third-party recording apps in place of the Voice Memos app to send an audio iMessage.
Finally, you are not limited to the Messages app only. You can use one of the best iMessage alternatives to send and receive audio messages. You and the receiver both need to install and use that particular app to exchange voice notes.
- 3 Ways to Transfer Voice Memos from iPhone to Mac or PC
- How to Turn a Voice Memo into iPhone Ringtone
- How to Set Up Auto Reply to Text Messages on iPhone While Driving
Questions? Feel welcome to reach us using the comments section below.