Apple’s exclusive messaging service, iMessage, is all the rage. Even more so, after it revamped its messaging app in iOS, bringing tons of new add-ons. One of which is cool bubble and screen effects!
You can send some pretty effects to pop up your messages! Let me show you how to use bubble and screen effects in iMessage on iPhone and iPad.
- How to add screen effects in iMessage
- How to add bubble effects in iMessage
- Cancel iMessage special effects
- Replay iMessage custom effects
- iMessage screen and bubble effects not working? How to fix
How to add screen effects in iMessage on iPhone and iPad
- Launch Messages app on your iOS device and open a conversation or start a new one.
- Now, type in the message you want to send.
- Next, touch and hold the arrow.
- Next up, select Screen tab at the top.
- Swipe the screen left to access different effects like Spotlight, Balloons, Confetti, Lasers, Shooting Star, etc.
- Once you select the effect, hit the arrow button to send the message.
How to send iMessage with bubble effects on iPhone and iPad
- Launch Messages on your iOS device.
- Now, open a conversation and type the text you wish to send.
- Next, touch and hold the arrow button.
- On the next screen, select the Bubble tab at the top.
Pick out how you wish to send the message from multiple options like Loud, Slam, Gentle, and Invisible Ink. If you want to offer some security to your feeling, select Invisible Ink.
- Hit the arrow to send your message.
Note: If you use the Invisible Ink, you and your receiver will need to tap the message to reveal the text.
Cancel iMessage special effects
If you happen to change your mind midway and wish to go back to your iMessage conversation, tap the “X” button at the bottom to cancel the effect.
Replay iMessage custom effects
After hitting the send button, your friend will receive your message with the cool screen effect. If you or your friend wishes to replay the effect, you can easily do this by tapping the replay button below the message.
If you do not see the replay option, send one more message (with or without effects). You will then see the replay button on the second last and all previous messages with screen effects.
iMessage screen or bubble effects not working? How to fix
If Reduce Motion is turned on, you may not receive full-screen effects and bubble effects in iMessage on your iPhone. But there is a way to circumvent this hurdle.
- Open iPhone Settings → tap Accessibility.
- Next, tap Motion.
- Finally, toggle on Reduce Motion and Auto-Play Message Effects.
There you go!
That’s how you can send messages with cool effects on iPhone and iPad. If given a chance, I would make iMessage my default option for messaging.
However, I would like to add one thing to this feature-rich app sooner than later – Universal compatibility. It would indeed make the app not only more popular but also more capable of taking on its rivals. What are your thoughts on it? Share in the comments below.
You’d like to snap a look at the below posts as well: