Memoji lets you enjoy fun-loving messaging and FaceTime calls with camera effects. You can create custom Memoji on your iPhone and iPad with Face ID! It lets you experiment with the looks of your avatar and craft multiple Memoji that get along nicely with different conversations. Let us get started and see how to create, use, and manage Memoji on iPhone and iPad Pro.
- What is Memoji?
- How to Create Memoji Stickers on iPhone and iPad Pro
- How to Use Memoji in Messages on iPhone and iPad Pro
- How to Use Memoji in FaceTime
- How to Use Camera Effects with Memoji
- How to Edit Memoji Stickers
What is Memoji?
Memoji is a personalized version of Animoji that you can create according to your liking. You can choose skin tone, hair type, eyebrows, glasses, eye color, and more to create your avatar. Memoji on iOS 13 and iPadOS also become sticker packs that you can use from your keyboard in Messages, Mail, and other apps.
You need an iPhone with Face ID and the latest iOS to create and use animated Memoji. But you can create Memoji stickers on any iPhone or iPad that runs iOS 13 or iPadOS.
Devices that support Memoji are:
- iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone 11
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XR
- iPhone X
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (4th generation)
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd generation)
- iPad Pro 11-inch (2nd generation)
- iPad Pro 11-inch
How to Create Memoji Stickers on iPhone and iPad Pro
- Launch the Messages app
- Open any conversation.
- Now, hit the Animoji icon in the menu bar
- Swipe right from left and tap on the “+” button.
- Next up, it’s time to customize your look.
Choose skin tone, freckles, hairstyle, head shape, nose, eyes, lips, ears, and more from several available options. Pick out the one that you think best represents you or the mood you are in!
- When you are happy with the result, tap on Done from the top right corner to confirm.
You can make as many Memoji as you want. The process will remain the same.
How to Use Memoji in Messages on iPhone and iPad Pro
Once you have crafted a Memoji, you can use it just the way you use Animoji on your iPhone.
- Open Messages app → head to the conversation → tap on the Animoji icon.
- Select your created Memoji. You can swipe right to left to see all your Memoji
- Hit the record button and then say what you want. Finally, send the message.
You can record up to 30 seconds. Also, after you record, you may choose a different Memoji with the same recording. For this, tap the red stop button, and before sending the Memoji, swipe horizontally to choose a different Memoji. It will have the same audio and facial expressions.
How to Use Memoji in FaceTime
A compelling use case for Memoji is in FaceTime. It lets you use your preferred Memoji instead of your face during a FaceTime video call. It is fun, and you can give it a go. Here is how to use Memoji in FaceTime on iPhone and iPad Pro.
How to Use Camera Effects with Memoji
- Open Messages app → go to a conversation → tap on the camera icon.
- Tap on the effects icon at the bottom left corner of the screen
- Tap on the Animoji icon.
- Next up, select the Memoji that you want to use. The moment you choose your avatar, it will show up on the camera screen. Then, tap on the “X” to get rid of the Animoji bar.
- Up next, your character will continue to appear on the screen. Now, you can design it using filters, text, shapes, stickers, or other funny stuff you have. You can drag the shapes and other things that you add. Tap on the added character once and then the cross icon (x) to delete them. (You can also do these after you click the photo with effects.)
- When you are happy with the result, capture the image by tapping on the shutter button. Now, you can use Markup or other editing tools to fine-tune your shot. You may even change the Memoji. In the end, tap the blue arrow icon to send it.
How to Edit Memoji Stickers
- Open Messages app → Conversation → Animoji icon.
- Swipe until you find the desired Memoji
- Tap on three dots at the bottom left corner
- Next up, you have three options:
- Edit: It lets you change the looks of your avatar. Tap on it and then fine-tune it to your heart’s liking. In the end, tap on Done.
- Duplicate: It allows you to create another similar avatar. But you can design your look from the ground zero if you wished to embrace a complete change. In the end, tap on Done.
- Delete: Select this option if you don’t want to use this Memoji anymore and confirm.
This is how you can use Memoji on your iPhone and iPad Pro. It is fun, and the plethora of customization options ensure that you get the look that you desire. So, are you excited to use it in your iMessage conversations and FaceTime calls? Please share your thoughts with us in the comments section below.
If you have multiple Apple devices and wish to have your Memoji on them, you need to enable two-factor authentication for your Apple ID. Also, you must be signed in to iCloud with the same Apple ID on all your devices. Finally, iCloud Drive should also be turned on. (Settings app → your Apple ID banner → iCloud → enable iCloud Drive)
You may also like to check out:
- How to Send Memoji Stickers in Snapchat on iPhone
- Steps to Use Bubble and Screen Effects in iMessage
- How to Convert Text to Emoji in Messages on iPhone and iPad
- The Emoji Archives: A Brief History of Digitized Expressions