iPhone Messages app has unique bubble and screen effects that make the chatting experience spicy. One of the bubble effects, called Invisible Ink, has been a hit among iMessage users. This lets you hide the message text behind a calm animation. The recipient needs to swipe over the blurred message to see the content. Pretty neat! Let me quickly show you how to send Invisible Ink iMessage from your iPhone and iPad.
- How to send iMessage with Invisible Ink effect from your iPhone
How to send iMessage with Invisible Ink effect from your iPhone
- Open the Messages app on your iPhone or iPad and go inside a conversation.
- Type the desired message. You may also select an image.
- Long-press the ‘send arrow‘ icon.
- Choose INVISIBLE INK and tap the arrow icon to send the message with this effect.
See iMessage sent with Invisible Ink on your iPhone
To view messages sent using Invisible Ink, swipe over the blurry dotted animation. It will reveal the text or image. Please note that iOS 10 or above is needed to send and view messages with the Invisible Ink effect.
Note: You can not send messages with Invisible Ink via Apple Watch. But if you receive one on your wrist, you can view the same by swiping over it.
Excited to create suspense by sending Invisible Ink iMessage from your iPhone?
This is how you can use Invisible Ink in iMessage. It is perfect for building excitement, surprises, creating suspense, confession, proposal over the message (if you are into that), and such. Once you start using this, you would often find yourself sending it to your partner, friend, siblings, etc.
Additionally, now bubble and screen effects (including Invisible Ink) are also available in the Messages app on Mac running macOS Big Sur.
Secondly, you can also send a standard text (SMS) with Invisible Ink. But it would serve no purpose. The recipient gets the text without any effect. However, at the bottom of the text message, it says ‘sent with Invisible Ink.’
Finally, if you found this post exciting, wait till you read about these 31 best tips and tricks for iMessage on your iPhone. Some of them will blow you away!
- How to send GIFs in iMessage on iPhone and iPad
- How to Customize Your iMessage Profile
- Can I Use iMessage on Windows PC or Android Phone?
- How to fix iMessage notifications not working on iPhone (9 Solutions)