From iOS 13, Apple allows you to edit your iMessage profile and make it as creative as you can. You can personalize your display name and picture and keep your friends and family updated with your latest profile. Not least, you can also share your profile as an iMessage in conversations. Sounds cool? In this step-by-step guide. I will show you how you can set a custom display name, photo, or Memoji as your iMessages profile.
- How to Set a Profile Display Name in iMessage on iPhone and iPad
- Use Memoji or Animoji as Your iMessage Profile Photo
- Use a Picture as Your iMessage Profile Photo
- Share Your iMessage Profile for the First Time
- How to Turn Off iMessage Name and Photo Sharing
How to Set a Profile Display Name in iMessage on iPhone and iPad
- Launch the Messages app on your iPhone.
- Tap on the Ellipsis icon at the top.
- Select Edit Name and Photo.
- Edit your Name in the text field and tap on Done.
This feature can also be accessed from your iPhone settings.
- Launch the Settings app → Messages settings → Share Name and Photo.
You’re on the same edit Name and Photo screen. Keep reading to personalize your profile to the furthest.
Use Memoji or Animoji as Your iMessage Profile Photo
- Tap Add Photo or Edit (if you’ve previously added a photo) to customize your display picture.
- Select from the available Memoji and Animoji. Or, tap See More to view more characters.
- Tap the ‘+’ button to create a new character.
- Select your Memoji and Animoji.
- Choose its style and tap Next.
- Use Move and Scale to adjust it in the frame and tap Choose.
- On the next screen, select the right background and hit Done.
If you’re using multiple devices using the same Apple ID, you’ll be asked to update your iMessage profile everywhere with this memoji.
Note: You can create your own Animoji or Memoji character using this step-by-step guide.
Use a Picture as Your iMessage Profile Photo
- Tap the Edit button.
- On the next screen, tap the camera button to capture a photo.
- Capture your image.
- Use move and scale to adjust it in the frame, then tap Use Photo.
- Select the right photo effect then tap Done.
- Or, select the Photo Library option to choose a picture from the iCloud library.
- Select your picture, then hit Choose.
- Pick from available special effects, then tap Done.
Your profile photo will be updated on all your Apple devices if connected with the same Apple ID and Messages in iCloud is turned on.
Share Your iMessage Profile for the First Time
- Open the Messages app.
- Tap on the Ellipsis icon. (More icon)
- Select Edit Name and Photo.
- Tap Choose Name and Photo.
- Tap Continue on the next screen.
- If asked Use This Photo Everywhere, tap Use.
- Tap on Always Ask and then tap on Done
Your customized profile name and photo will be automatically shared with your contacts when you send them a message.
How to Turn Off iMessage Name and Photo Sharing
Later, if you wish to disable the sharing profile feature, switch off the Name and Photo Sharing toggle.
To customize your profile uniquely makes iMessage stand out from carrier SMS services and other social messaging apps. Once you learn customizing it, you’ll love creating new Memoji or Animoji and updating your profile now and then. If you’re new to iMessage, you might want to read more about the iMessage feature.
You may want to read these posts as well,
- Use Emoji Tapbacks in iMessage on iPhone and iPad
- Deregister iMessage on iPhone or Online
- Play iMessage Typing Prank With Friends
- 2021 Tricks – How to know if someone has blocked on iMessage