iMessage effects have been on the iPhone and iPad for long. With macOS Big Sur, you can now enjoy these same options on your Mac as well. This lets you convey words using screen effects like balloons, invisible ink, confetti, fireworks, and more. So without further ado, let me show you how to send messages with Mac running macOS Big Sur effects.
- What Types of Message Effects You Can Send on Mac
- How to Use iMessage Effects in macOS Big Sur
- How to Automatically Send Messages with Effects in macOS Big Sur
What Types of Message Effects You Can Send on Mac
On Mac, they are listed together horizontally. Here are all the effect names. However, On iOS and iPadOS, the effects are categorized under two heading – Bubble and Screen.,
- Invisible Ink
How to Use iMessage Effects in macOS Big Sur
- Open Messages app.
- Click on an iMessage conversation or start a new one by clicking on the compose button
- Type a message.
- Click on the App Store icon from the left of the text box.
- Click on Message Effects.
- Select an effect like Invisible Ink, Confetti, Celebration, Fireworks, etc. Finally, click on the blue send button.
How to Automatically Send Messages with Effects in macOS Big Sur
When you type and send certain words or phrases like Congratulations, Congrats, Happy New Year, Happy Birthday, and Pew Pew, iMessage effects are automatically attached. You and the receiver both see these effects. This works not only on the Mac but the iPhone and iPad as well.
This is how you can send messages with effects on Mac on the latest macOS version. Apple is trying hard to make its mobile and desktop platforms uniform, and I strongly think that iMessage effects will stay. Next, you may like to know how to create Memoji in Mac. Apart from this, one other exciting new feature is changing the Safari background with a beautiful wallpaper or any image that you have clicked. Make sure you check these out.
You may also like to read:
- macOS Big Sur Installation Failed? 10 Ways to Fix the Problem
- How to Boot M1 Mac Into macOS Recovery