The messages app received quite an overhaul in iOS 14, but it still lacks the option to change the iMessage bubbles color. However, there are plenty of third-party workarounds using apps such as Color Text Messages, Color Chats, and even some keyboard apps. One of the best among these is FancyBubble that makes it super easy to add a colorful element to your chats.
Here’s how it works!
How to change iMessage bubble color on iPhone
- First, download the app by opening the App Store. Tap Search and type in FancyBubble. Tap Get or the download arrow. (Enter your Apple ID/password if required for verification.)
- Once it’s downloaded, open the Messages app and start a new chat or select an existing conversation. Tap in the text input field(where you draft iMessages).
- Just above the keyboard, in the row of apps, select FancyBubble.
- This will bring up different colored message bubble options. Tap on the one you want to use.
- Type in your message, and hit Send.
You can also change your iMessage bubble color using the FancyBubble app(rather than selecting it from the app bar). Here’s how you can use it.
- Open the FancyBubble app. Here, at the bottom of the screen, you’ll see a range of message bubble options. Choose the one you want to use.
- Type a message into the input box and make sure you’ve selected the Messages app in the dropdown to the left of the Send button. (You can also select other apps like WhatsApp, Twitter, etc.)
- Once you tap Send, it’ll open the Messages app, where you can input which contact to send the message to.
We hope this helped you change your iMessage bubble color in iOS. Have you tried any other apps for this? Let us know in the comments below.
You may also like: