The messages app received quite an overhaul in iOS 14, but it still lacks the option to change the iMessage bubbles’ color. However, there are plenty of third-party workarounds using apps and even some keyboard apps. One good app among these is Color Text Bubbles on iMessage.
The app makes it super easy to add a colorful element to your chats. Here’s how it works!
How to change iMessage bubble color on iPhone
- Download Color Text Bubbles on iMessage from the App Store.
- Open the Messages app and start a new chat or select an existing conversation.
- Now, tap the text input field.
- Just above the keyboard, in the row of apps, select Color Text Bubbles on iMessage.
This will bring up different options or customization.
- Select the option you wish.
- Alternatively, tap Type Custom Message at the bottom.
- Type your message, select the bubble color, and hit Send.
You can also save it to Favorites by tapping the heart icon to access it quickly the next time.
- Now, tap the send icon again to send the message!
We hope this helped change your iMessage bubble color in iOS. Although the Color Text Bubbles on iMessage helps you change the bubble color seamlessly and make your chat interesting, the app comes with its fair share of cons. For instance, it has plenty of advertisements. This is understandable, given the app comes for free.
However, it gets annoying when you use the app constantly. Have you tried any other apps for this? Let us know in the comments below.
You may also like:
Would love to have a cup of coffee and a conversation at a Paris cafe with Mehak. Incredibly interesting author description there. Check out A Moveable Feast by Hemingway if you haven’t already.