Are you often losing access to WhatsApp owing to your iPhone battery dying, or are you working without your phone and need to communicate with coworkers on your Mac? The good news is that WhatsApp offers multi-device support enabling you to use WhatsApp on Mac without a connected iPhone.
But if you’re wondering how to do it, this article is for you! I have covered three easy ways. Let’s get started.
1. Use WhatsApp Web on Mac
This is an effortless and official way of using WhatsApp on your Mac. Undoubtedly, it is secure too. However, you must access your WhatsApp account on your iPhone to link to any device.
With this in mind, follow the below steps:
- On your iPhone, launch WhatsApp.
- Next, tap the menu bar at the top right.
- From the sidebar menu, select Settings.
- Then, choose Link a Devices.
- Next, select Multi-Device Beta.
- In this step, you should tap Join Beta.
- Go to WhatsApp Web on your Mac.
- Now, scan the QR code with your iPhone.
Congratulations! WhatsApp is now available on your Mac. After completing these instructions, you’ll be able to use WhatsApp on your Mac without connecting your iPhone.
If the white interface of WhatsApp is causing you discomfort, just follow the steps outlined in our guide on how to enable WhatsApp Web dark mode.
If you need more flexibility, move on to the next way!
2. Install FreeChat – Third-party WhatsApp client
You can also use third-party WhatsApp clients on your Mac to use WhatsApp without a connected iPhone.
If you’re wondering how third-party programs differ from official applications, the primary difference is that third-party applications provide customers with additional utilities.
I have used the FreeChat app for the following features:
- A smooth and responsive design and experience
- Quick Reply allows you to respond directly to notifications
- Drag-and-drop images
- Disable OS notifications for specific conversations
Here’s how to use the following these steps:
- Download and install the FreeChat app on your Mac.
- Scan the QR code.
- Now, launch WhatsApp on your iPhone and navigate to the WhatsApp web via Settings.
- Scan the QR code shown on your Mac.
Now, you’ll be able to use WhatsApp on your Mac using a third-party client.
3. Install an Android emulator
You can download an Android emulator to access WhatsApp on Mac. This is different from all the methods mentioned earlier. With this method, you download WhatsApp mobile app on Mac and create a new account.
The downside of utilizing BlueStacks (or any Android emulator) is that you cannot use a phone number already associated with a WhatsApp account. If you register with the same number as your phone, you won’t be able to use WhatsApp on your phone.
If you’re okay with it, follow the below steps:
- Download BlueStacks.
- Run the app and sign in to your google account.
- In the search bar, type WhatsApp.
- Launch Whatsapp and enter your phone number.
- Later, select the call method for validating your phone number.
- You’ll now receive a call with the code.
- Enter the code correctly to access WhatsApp.
Things to consider when using WhatsApp on Mac:
- You can’t delete a message or conversation through WhatsApp.
- You can’t make WhatsApp video or audio calls to users with expired or outdated apps on their phones.
- If you do not use your iPhone for 14 days, your linked devices will be unreachable.
- You can log out of the beta version at any moment and use the recommended one.
Note: You can connect up to four devices to your WhatsApp account. If you’re interested in learning how to do so, see our explainer to use multiple WhatsApp accounts on a Mac or Windows PC.
Among the three listed options, the first is the only official and reliable method. Another difference between the three methods is that the first and second require you to run WhatsApp on your iPhone at least once to link it to the Mac to utilize the software.
On the other hand, the third option lets you use WhatsApp on your Mac without ever having to connect your iPhone to it.
Therefore, if you’re unable to access your WhatsApp account on your iPhone owing to the device’s inability to connect to the internet, the best option is to use an Android emulator such as BlueStacks.
Further, we recommend reading our 26 cool WhatsApp tips and tricks for iPhone (2021) to get the most of the app. Do you know of any other methods that we overlooked? Share in the comments below.