In dark situations, when you struggle to find something, the flashlight on your iPhone or iPad may come handy. It is bright and easy to use. If you’re new to the iPhone, here’s a quick guide that shows you three ways to use the flashlight on your iPhone and iPad.
- How to Turn On or Off Flashlight on iPhone 12, 11 Series and iPad Pro
- Turn On/Off Flashlight on iPhone 8 or Earlier and iPhone SE 2020
- Ask Siri to Turn on Flashlight on iPhone and iPad
- Change the Brightness of Flashlight on iPhone and iPad
How to Turn On or Off Flashlight on iPhone 12, 11 Series and iPad Pro
I. From Control Center:
- Swipe down from the top right corner of your iPhone or iPad Pro
- Tap on the Flashlight icon to turn it on.
- Tap on the same icon again to turn it off
Don’t see the flashlight button? See how to customize Control Center and add the icon for the flashlight.
You can use these methods on Face ID supported devices including iPhone 12 mini, 12 11 series, iPhone X and Xs Series, iPhone XR, and iPad Pro.
II. From Lock Screen:
- Raise your iPhone or tap once to wake the screen. You may also press the Right Side button
- Press firmly on the Flashlight icon in the lower left of the screen.
- Press on it again to turn it off
Extra Info: When you enable torchlight from the Lock screen, its brightness is the same as the last level of brightness you chose when you used the flashlight from the Control Center.
Note: Additionally, from the Lock screen, you can swipe down from the top-right corner to open Control Center and enable, disable, or change the brightness of the flashlight.
Turn On/Off Flashlight on iPhone 8 or Earlier and iPhone SE 2020
- Swipe up from the bottom of the Home screen or Lock screen
- Tap on the Flashlight icon to enable it.
- Tap on it again, to switch it off
Can not access Control Center on the Lock Screen? Open the Settings app → Touch ID & Passcode → enter the passcode.
Under ALLOW ACCESS WHEN LOCKED, turn on the toggle for Control Center.
Can not access Control Center when you are inside an app? Open the Settings app → Control Center → Turn on the toggle for Access Within Apps.
Ask Siri to Turn on Flashlight on iPhone and iPad
- Summon Siri on any iPhone or iPad Pro. You can press the Side button, Home button, or use Hey Siri
- Ask it one of the following questions
- Turn on Flashlight
- Turn off Flashlight
- Turn on my torch
- Will you turn on my torch?
- Turn off my torch
- Switch on the flashlight
Change the Brightness of Flashlight on iPhone and iPad
- Open Control Center. Swipe down from the top right corner on iPhone with Face ID and iPad Pro. On other iPhones, swipe up from the bottom of the screen.
- Firmly press on the Flashlight icon. It will expand
- Drag the slider or tap on one of the four levels of brightness.
This is how you can switch on and use the iPhone flashlight. Sometime back, we also reviewed a third-party iPhone flashlight app. It is good.
Finally, you can also have the Camera LED flash when you get calls or notifications. It is super handy for some situations and some people. Definitely check this feature once. You may be inclined to enable it.
You may also like to read: