Finally, we have got our hands on the new iPhone 15 series full of surprises. Apple has replaced the Mute switch with a new Action button on the iPhone 15 Pro models to make iPhones more customizable. Excited to know more? Here, I will share everything you need to know about the new Action button in iPhone 15 Pro and Pro Max and explore how to use it.
- What is Action button on iPhone 15 Pro and Pro Max?
- How to use Action button in iPhone 15 Pro and Pro Max
- Ways to customize the Action button in iPhone 15 Pro and Pro Max
The Action button on the iPhone 15 Pro and Pro Max is a force-sensitive solid-state button substituting the decade-old Mute switch. It is customizable to access quick actions on your iPhone. So, you may configure how you want to use the new Action button. It’s identical to the Apple Watch Ultra’s Action button.
You will receive haptic feedback when you use it to activate any action. Apple has opted for this small solid-state button to reduce dust accumulation and protect your iPhone from water damage.
- Open Settings → Select Action button.
It will display an animation of the Action button.
- Swipe left and choose an action.
- Now, press and hold the Action button to launch the quick action.
Also, you can perform more things using the Action button based on the feature. For example, suppose you have chosen to launch Voice Memo. Long press the Action button, and your iPhone will start recording a new Voice Memo. Besides, the Dynamic Island will also coordinate with the action.
To stop recording, just press the Action button again. Similarly, you can click pictures with the Action button as a shutter. Set the Action button to open the camera. After that, press and hold the Action button, choose your frame, and press the Action button once to click a photo.
The new Action button lets you activate your favorite feature quickly without unlocking your iPhone 15 Pro. Right now, it supports 9 different quick actions. After you customize the Action button, you just need to press and hold it to launch the feature.
- Silent mode: The Action button is set to toggle between Ring and Silent modes by default.
- Focus: You may set your preferred Focus filters to quickly launch via the Action button.
- Camera: You can launch the camera by pressing the Action button to capture precious moments.
- Flashlight: Like the camera, you may customize the Action button to turn on the flashlight.
- Voice Memos: You may quickly capture your idea by activating Voice memos through the Action button.
- Translate: The Action button may be configured to quickly translate your text.
- Magnifier: While going through small texts, you may launch Magnifier via the Action button.
- Shortcut: The Action button on iPhone 15 Pro can adapt your custom Shortcuts, such as sending a message or launching an app.
- Accessibility: You can use preferred accessibility tools, including VoiceOver, Zoom, AssistiveTouch, and others, via the Action button.
You can easily customize the Action button in the iPhone 15 Pro to perform quick tasks. To open an app via the Action button, open Shortcuts → Tap plus sign → Select Open App action → Choose the app → Tap Done. Next, choose this Shortcut from the Action button settings.
Customize quick actions with the Action button!
The Action button on iPhone 15 Pro and Pro Max offers many new possibilities to personalize your experience. You can quickly access your most used features without opening the specific app. So, it will be my favorite addition to the new iPhone 15 Pro models regarding both looks and features. What’s your opinion about it? Let me know in the comments below!
- Download iPhone 15 and 15 Pro 4k wallpapers
- How to use double tap gesture on Apple Watch Series 9 and Ultra 2
Ava is an enthusiastic consumer tech writer coming from a technical background. She loves to explore and research new Apple products & accessories and help readers easily decode the tech. Along with studying, her weekend plan includes binge-watching anime.