macOS Big Sur has made the humble menu bar taller and more translucent. And for the first time ever it gets an iOS-like Control Center. This panel consolidates menu bar items into a single place so you don’t have to visit System Preferences too often. However, you might want to Pin menu items to the menu bar on Mac for faster & easier one-click access.
- How to Pin System Control Items to Menu Bar in macOS Big Sur
- How to Pin Menu Items to Mac Menu Bar using System Preferences
- How to Remove System Control Items from Mac Menu Bar
How to Pin System Control Items to Menu Bar in macOS Big Sur
The macOS Control Center can be invoked by clicking on a dual toggle icon from the Menu Bar. You can access many settings like display brightness, AirDrop, AirPlay, backlit keyboard, and Do Not Disturb from here.
To make things more convenient and faster, you might want to add some of these settings directly to the menu bar.
- Select the Control Center icon from the menu bar.
- Here, select the items from the panel
- Drag & drop them anywhere on the menu bar.
- Now press (⌘) Command on our keyboard and drag an icon, to move them according to your convenience
It is indeed pretty simple! Although this does not delete or remove the setting from Control Panel, it just adds it to the Menu Bar as well.
You can drag almost all control items on the menu bar. But what if the menu item you want is not present in the Control Panel? Then you can try this below mentioned alternate method.
How to Pin Menu Items to Mac Menu Bar using System Preferences
- Click on the Apple icon and select System Preferences.
- Here, click on Dock and Menu option.
- Select the menu item you want on the menu bar from the Side Bar.
- Here check the box beside Show in Menu Bar. The item will instantly show up on your menu bar.
This method also applies when you want to add or remove items from the Control Center panel. Do note that listing on the Side Bar also shows where the feature is available or whether it is enabled or disabled.
How to Remove System Control Items from Mac Menu Bar
Quite like how you do in earlier versions of macOS, you can press command on the keyboard, click, drag & leave the menu item anywhere on the desktop.
Or you can choose a longer route, System Preferences → Dock and Menu, & unchecking the menu item.
With macOS 11 Big Sur, Apple has revamped Mac’s operating system, from the redesigned icons to the addition of Control Center. In fact, it also incorporates quick access, dynamic iPadOS 14 like widgets that can be accessed from the Notification Center.
All-in-all macOS Big Sur has become more user-friendly and customizable, and we are loving it!
You may also like to read:
- Download macOS Big Sur Developer Beta
- Install iOS 14 Developer Beta
- Install iPadOS 14 Developer Beta