My eight year old kid is smart enough to use My Apple ID for in-app purchases for the games he wants to play. Hence, I decided to remove Apple ID payment method from my iPhone and iPad as well. If that’s the case with you too or you want to delete one of the credit cards listed in Apple Pay, you are on the right page.
Irrespective of the payment method you’re using, be it credit card, Apple ID credit or even PayPal, deleting the Apple ID payment method is the same for all. Let’s check out the way!
How to Remove Apple ID Payment Method on iPhone or iPad
- Launch Settings app on your iPhone and tap on your Profile.
- Tap on the Payment and Shipping option
- Tap on the Edit option from the top-right corner.
- Now, Tap on Delete icon. Tap on Remove which appears on the right-hand side of the payment method and tap on Remove again on the confirmation.
This would now remove Apple ID payment information from your iPhone or iPad. Just in case, if you’re charged for any in-app purchases without your authorization after deleting payment information.
Unable to Delete Payment Method from Apple ID?
A lot of users have complained that they are unable to remove the payment method from their Apple ID from their device. This often happens because your Apple ID might have an active subscription which is on a recurring basis. Be it canceling your Apple News Plus subscription or Apple Arcade subscription, you need to cancel all your app subscriptions to get started!
There are two ways through which you can delete the payment method in this case. One is to wait until the subscription expires and another is to cancel the subscription right away! Once done, try to remove the payment method by following above steps.
This is only possible when you have a single payment method saved on your iPhone or iPad. Just in case if you have multiple payment options, you will not face this issue.
I hope you’ll never have any issues in deleting the payment method hereafter. But if you face any problems, do let us know in the comment section below and I would be glad to help you.
Recommended Posts to Read Now!
- How to Cancel Apple Music Subscription from iPhone, Android, Mac, and Apple TV
- Cancel Netflix Subscription from iPhone, iPad, iTunes, and Web
- How to Cancel Google Drive Storage Subscription from iPhone, Mac
Share your views with us in the comment section.