Is your App store credit running a little low on cash? Why not add some funds to your Apple ID so that you can buy gift cards for your friends and loved ones at will!
There are multiple ways to boost the credit balance of your Apple ID. The easiest way to get it done is by using the shortcut from iOS or macOS App Store. You can use the credit to purchase not just App Store and iTunes contents but also buy iCloud storage plan.
Moreover, Apple lets you keep track of your store credit so that you can plan your spending smartly.
How to Add Funds to your Apple ID on iPhone, iPad, and Mac
- How to Add Cash to your Apple ID on iPhone and iPad
- How to View Your Store Credit Balance on iPhone and iPad
- How to Add Funds to your Apple ID on Mac
- How to View Store Credit Balance on Mac
- Ensure that you have a valid payment method.
- The option to add money to Apple ID isn’t available everywhere.
- To check out if this feature is available in your country, head over to this Apple Support page.
- You are not allowed to use the store credit on Apple Online Store. Besides, you won’t be able to cash out your credit.
- In what could be great news for many, Apple has announced to provide 10% bonus if funds are added directly to the Apple ID in the United States. The offer is available on $1.00 to $200 and valid between 17-20 December 2018.
Add Funds to your Apple ID on iPhone and iPad
Step #1. Open App Store on your iOS device.
Step #2. Now, tap on the profile icon at the top right.
Step #3. Next, tap on Add Funds to Apple ID.
Note: Alternately, you can scroll all the way to the bottom and tap on Add Funds to Apple ID.
Step #4. Next up, choose the amount that you want to add to your account.
If you want to go with a custom amount, tap on “Other.”
Step #5. Now, enter the amount and then tap on Next at the top right.
Step #6. Finally, authenticate the payment.
Sticky Note: There is another way through which you can add money to your Apple ID. To do so, open Settings app → Profile → iTunes & App Store → tap on your Apple ID → View Apple ID → Authenticate using Face/Touch ID or password → hit Add Funds to Apple ID.
You can easily check out how much store credit balance you have.
View Your Store Credit Balance on iPhone and iPad
There are three ways you can check out the store credit balance on your iOS device. And the easiest way to get it done is to open the App Store scroll down to the bottom → hit Add Funds to Apple ID → On the next screen, you should see your credit balance.
The second method is: tap on your profile icon in the App Store and then tap on Add Funds to Apple ID. Your available balance will show up right at the top.
The third method is somewhat lengthy. Open Settings app→ tap on your profile → iTunes & App Store → tap on Apple ID → View Apple ID → use Touch/Face ID or password to confirm your identity. Now, you should see your credit balance right above “Add Funds to Apple ID.”
Add Funds to your Apple ID on Mac
Step #1. Launch App Store on your Mac.
Step #2. Now, scroll to the bottom and hit “Add Funds to Apple ID.”
Step #3. Next, select an amount from the given options. If you wish to choose a different amount, click on Other and then enter it manually. Then, click on Next.
Step #4. Next up, enter your Apple ID password and hit Buy. Finally, verify the payment.
Alternately, you can open iTunes → click on Account → View My Account → enter your Apple ID password → In the Apple ID Account section, click on Add Funds to Apple ID. Then, choose the amount and confirm.
Finding out the store credit on Mac is just as straightforward on Mac. Read on…
View Store Credit Balance on Mac
Step #1. Open iTunes → sign in with your Apple ID, if you aren’t already.
Step #2. Now, click on Store. Check out your store credit below the search field.
That’s pretty much it!
Now that your credit balance has got a boost do not fail to buy the hottest games and apps. To save plenty of bucks on them, bookmark of our “iOS Apps Price Drop” post.
You might want to read the below articles as well:
- How to Gift Money, Apps, Movies and Books from iTunes on Mac and Windows PC
- Best 2018 Christmas Gift Ideas from iPhone and iPad Accessories
- Best Christmas Gift Ideas for iPad Fans: 2018 Gift Guide
- Best Christmas Wallpaper Apps for iPhone and iPad