Apple ID is essential to enjoy many services on the iPhone, iPad, and Mac. If you forgot its password, then let me show you how to reset it. Once you do that and have the proper login details, you can sign in to iCloud on web, track devices with Find My, set up new devices with your Apple account, authenticate to purchase apps, and more. Additionally, if you believe that your credential might have been shared or leaked, it is recommended that you change the Apple ID password.
- How to Change Apple ID Password on iPhone and iPad
- How to Reset Apple ID Password on Mac
- How to Reset Apple ID Password on Web
- How to Change Apple ID Password Using Apple Support App
How to Change Apple ID Password on iPhone and iPad
- Open the Settings app and tap on your Apple ID banner from the top.
- Tap on Password & Security.
- Tap on Change Password.
- Enter your iPhone or iPad passcode when asked.
- Type the new secure password twice and tap on Change.
How to Reset Apple ID Password on Mac
- Click on the Apple logo and choose System Preferences.
- Click on Apple ID.
- Choose Password & Security from the left sidebar.
- Click on Change password.
- Enter your Mac’s password. Finally, type a new password, verify it, and click on Change.
Note: If your Mac runs macOS Mojave or earlier, click iCloud → Account Details → Security → Reset Password.
How to Reset Apple ID Password on Web
- Visit AppleID.Apple.com on a computer.
- Under Security, click on Change Password…
- Type your existing password, and then the new password. Finally, click on Change Password.
Note: If you forgot your Apple ID password, visit iForgot.Apple.com and follow the on-screen instructions.
How to Change Apple ID Password Using Apple Support App
If you do not have access to any of your Apple products, you can take help from a family member or friend to reset your Apple ID password. Here’s how.
- Download the Apple Support app on iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch (running iOS 12 or later) that belongs to a family or friend.
- Now, take the device in your hand and open the Apple Support app. Tap on <Products from the top-left.
- Tap on Apple ID.
- Tap on Forgot Apple ID Password and then tap on Get Started.
- Tap on A different Apple ID and then tap Continue.
- Type your Apple ID, whose password you need to reset. After that, tap on Next and follow the on-screen instructions.
This is how you can reset your Apple ID password from various devices. I hope one of the solutions worked like a charm for you.
After you change the password, you will have to update it on all your devices. For example, when you try to download a new app, the App Store will ask to enter the new Apple ID password. Similarly, the Settings app on the iPhone and iPad will notify you to update the password.
- How to Delete Apple ID Account Permanently
- How to Fix iPhone Keeps Asking for Apple ID Password Issue
- 6 Quick Ways to Change Apple ID Payment Method on iPhone, iPad, and Mac
- Fix the Verification Failed, There Was an Error Connecting to Apple ID Server