Face ID is arguably the most talked about feature in iPhone X series. Apple has made it more efficient and secure than the Touch ID. Having said that; there are situations where you might need to temporarily disable Face ID on your Phone X, Xs, Xs Max, and XR.
Let’s say; you’ve (unfortunately) found yourself in an unsafe situation where you think someone might force you to unlock your device and take away your sensitive information. In such a case, you can quickly turn off Face ID to prevent your enemies from having access to your data. Luckily, the process takes hardly a few seconds!
- How to Temporarily Turn Off Face ID on iPhone X, Xs, Xs Max, and XR
- How to Completely Disable Face ID on iPhone X, Xs, Xs Max, and XR
Temporarily Turn Off Face ID on iPhone X, Xs, Xs Max, and XR
Step #1. Press and hold the Side button and the volume up or down button at once.
Step #2. Now, tap on Cancel.
That’s it! The Face ID has been temporarily turned off. Now, you will have to enter the passcode to re-enable.
Multiple Other Options to disable Face ID on iPhone X, Xs, Xs Max, and XR
- Simply restart your iPhone.
- Make a five failed attempts to unlock the device.
- Press and hold the Wake/Sleep button and volume button at once to reboot your iPhone.
If you ever decide to completely turn off Face ID for any personal reason, you will be able to get it done with ease.
Completely Disable Face ID on iPhone X, Xs, Xs Max, and XR
Step #1. Open Settings app on Your iPhone → Face ID & Passcode.
Step #2. Now, enter your passcode.
Step #3. Under “Use Face ID For” section, turn off the switch next to iPhone Unlock.
You can also disable the use of the Face ID for iTunes & App Store, Apple Pay, Password AutoFill and other apps that have requested to use this facial recognition technology.
Face ID remains ahead of its counterparts (available on Android devices) on various aspects. Though I had plenty of concerns about its security and efficiency before the launch of the iPhone X, I’m pretty happy with it. And with time, it’s going to get a lot better.
You might want to have a quick look at these posts as well:
- How to Speed Up Face ID on iPhone X, Xs, Xs Max, and XR
- How to Force Quit Apps on iPhone X, Xs, Xs Max, and XR
- How to Use iPhone X, Xs, Xs Max, and XR Without Home button
- How to Put iPhone X, Xs, Xs Max, and XR into DFU mode