Are you planning to buy a new iPhone but can’t decide which? We’ve created a handy iPhone buying guide in the form of a quick quiz. Just answer the questions below based on your needs and priorities. Then, follow the instructions to add your score and find the best Apple phone to buy in 2023. Let’s get started!
Do you already use an iPhone?
- Yes, an iPhone 14 series device
- Yes, I have an older iPhone and want to upgrade
- No, I want to get my first iPhone
- No, and I am looking for a budget iPhone
Why do you want to buy an iPhone?
- I want a robust and reliable device for pro-level tasks
- I want an iPhone for the excellent camera
- I want an iPhone to experience the Apple ecosystem with my Mac
- I want an iPhone because I don’t like Android anymore
Is gaming a priority?
- Yes, I love action-packed, graphics-heavy games
- Yes, I like mobile games from time to time
- Yes, but not too many graphics-heavy games
- No, mobile gaming is not my priority
What’s your usage like?
- I’m a pro-multitasker who needs the fastest device
- I love having a powerful phone, even if I don’t use all the features
- I just want a high-quality camera and media experience
- I use my phone for routine tasks like messages and email
Do looks matter when it comes to your iPhone?
- I prefer power over the looks
- Yes, I love flaunting the latest design
- Inner beauty matters more 😛
Are photos and videos a priority?
- It’s the whole reason I’m buying an iPhone!
- I want a good camera, but it’s not the top priority
- All iPhones take great photos, don’t they?
- The camera is not my top priority for buying an iPhone
What other Apple products do you own?
- Mac, Apple Watch, AirPods, the works
- An iPad or a Mac
- None, but I want to get more
Ready to find out which iPhone you should buy?
- All options marked ‘1’ are worth 1 point
- All options marked ‘2’ are worth 2 points each
- All options marked ‘3’ are worth 3 points each
- All options marked ‘4’ are worth 4 points each
Add up your points to get a final score. Then, check out the guide below to know which iPhone would be the most suitable choice for you.
7-10 Points: Go for the iPhone 15 Pro Max or Pro
It looks like you’re an Apple fanatic who wants its latest and best. The iPhone 15 Pro Max is the best choice for a pro user like you. It boasts the powerful A17 Pro Bionic chip with strong graphics capabilities, a choice of 256GB, 512GB, and 1TB storage options, and up to 29 hours of battery life.
The showstopper features include the new Aerospace grade titanium build, making the iPhone much lighter, a customizable Action button, and a USB-C port with 10Gbps transfer speed. The Action button lets you access your preferred actions quickly. Besides, if you are a gamer, the new 6-core Pro GPU and ray-tracing capabilities will make your game true to life.
Moreover, the 48 rear camera is more powerful compared to the iPhone 14 Pro. It houses seven focal lengths starting from 0.5x ultra-wide and custom frame crops. You will also get the longest ever 5x optical zoom in iPhone 15 Pro Max. Besides, the Focus and Depth control lets you capture beautiful portraits.
11-16 Points: iPhone 15 or 15 Plus is made for you
You seem like an Apple lover but probably don’t necessarily need to splurge on the ‘Pro’ models. The iPhone 15 or 15 Plus boasts the A16 Bionic processor, that’s more than enough power for gaming and heavy apps. You’ll love the Dynamic Island on the bright, vibrant 6.1-inch or 6.7-inch OLED display.
Moreover, the durable color-infused glass and aluminum exterior look elegant. Besides, the main highlight of this base model of the iPhone 15 series is the upgraded 48 primary camera sensor with 2x optical zoom. Also, both have USB-C ports, though the transfer speed is the limited to USB 2.
Besides, the new Roadside assistance feature is a lifesaver. The battery and overall performance aren’t as great as the Pro models, but it’s good enough for most users and will last through the day. It offers up to 20 hours of video playback battery. You can choose between 128GB, 256GB, and 512GB of storage.
In my opinion, the iPhone 15 is the best iPhone to buy in 2023, compared to the iPhone 14! Also, if you have an older device like the 11 series, it’s the best time to sell your old iPhone or trade-in and upgrade to the latest version.
17-21 Points: Check out the iPhone 13
If you’re wondering which iPhone is the best value for money, here’s your answer. The iPhone 13 will give you the most bang for your buck with an amazing camera, slick performance, an incredible display, and more.
iPhone 13 boasts a lightweight and easy-to-handle profile with Ceramic Shield for durability. It’s got the A15 Bionic processor that makes everyday use extremely smooth and responsive. Plus, the Cinematic Mode and Photographic Styles are among some of its most loved features.
The best thing is that the iPhone 13 is available at a discounted rate since it’s a generation older than the iPhone 15 series. Grab it now for excellent all-rounder performance and an impressive camera. You may also save some bucks if you buy a refurbished iPhone 13.
22-24 Points: Grab the iPhone SE 2nd Gen. (2022)
If it’s your first time buying an iPhone, or the cost is your constraint; bring the iPhone SE (2022) into your life. It might have an outdated design, but the interiors are as powerful as the higher-end iPhone 13 series, thanks to the A15 bionic processor (the same as iPhone 13, 14, and 14 Plus).
Moreover, it also boasts wireless charging and an impressive camera. Go for this, and maybe you can also get another Apple device with the money you save, such as the Apple Watch SE or AirPods!
Did you find your next iPhone with our buying guide 2023? Let me know which one you have chosen in the comments below, or ask any questions you may have.
You may want to take a peek at:
- Upcoming Apple products: A complete guide
- Best accessories for iPhone 15 series in 2023
- How to transfer eSIM to new iPhone: 4 Ways explained!
- How to switch from Android to iPhone: 2 Ways explained
Readers like you help support iGeeksBlog. When you make a purchase using links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read Disclaimer.