Want to buy a new iPhone but can’t decide which? We’ve created a handy iPhone buying guide in the form of a quick quiz. Just answer the questions below based on your needs and priorities. Then, follow the instructions given to add your score and find the best Apple phone to buy in 2022.
Do you already use an iPhone?
- Yes, an iPhone 13 series device
- Yes, I have an older iPhone and want to upgrade
- No, I want to get my first iPhone
- No, and I am looking for a budget iPhone
Why do you want to buy an iPhone?
- I want a robust and reliable device for pro-level tasks
- I want an iPhone for the excellent camera
- I want an iPhone to experience the Apple ecosystem with my Mac
- I want an iPhone because I don’t like Android anymore
Is gaming a priority?
- Yes, I love action-packed, graphics-heavy games
- Yes, I like mobile games from time to time
- Yes, but not too many graphics-heavy games
- No, mobile gaming is not my priority
What’s your usage like?
- I’m a pro-multitasker who needs the fastest device
- I love having a powerful phone, even if I don’t use all the features
- I just want a high-quality camera and media experience
- I use my phone for routine tasks like messages and email
Do looks matter when it comes to your iPhone?
- I prefer power over looks
- Yes, I love flaunting the latest design
- Inner beauty matters more 😛
Are photos and videos a priority?
- It’s the whole reason I’m buying an iPhone!
- I want a good camera, but it’s not the top priority
- All iPhones take great photos, don’t they?
- The camera is not my top priority for buying an iPhone
What other Apple products do you own?
- Mac, Apple Watch, AirPods, the works
- An iPad or a Mac
- None, but I want to get more
Ready to find out which iPhone you should buy?
- All options marked ‘1’ are worth 1 point
- All options marked ‘2’ are worth 2 points each
- All options marked ‘3’ are worth 3 points each
- All options marked ‘4’ are worth 4 points each
Add up your points to get a final score. Then, check out the guide below to know which iPhone would be the most suitable choice for you.
7-10 Points. Go for the iPhone 14 Pro Max or Pro
It looks like you’re an Apple lover who wants it’s latest and best. The iPhone 14 Pro Max is the best choice for a pro user like you. It boasts the powerful A16 Bionic chip and a choice of 128GB, 256GB, 512GB, and 1TB storage options.
The showstopper features include the new notch Dynamic Island (Apple’s new trickery), 48MP rear camera, Photonic Engine, Action mode for enhanced photography and videography, Crash Detection, and satellite connectivity.
The big display is perfect for games, and the increased battery capacity allows for nearly two full days of regular use.
11-16 Points. iPhone 14 or 14 Plus is made for you
You seem like an Apple fan but probably don’t necessarily need to splurge on the ‘Pro’ models. The iPhone 14 or 14 Plus boasts the A15 Bionic processor, that’s more than enough power for gaming and heavy apps. You’ll love the bright, vibrant 6.1-inch or 6.7-inch OLED display.
The battery and overall performance aren’t as great as the Pro models, but it’s good enough for most users and will last through the day. You can choose between 128GB, 256GB, and 512GB of storage.
iPhone 14 Plus is available starting from 7 October, so you’ll have to wait for that beauty
17-21 Points. Check out the iPhone 13
If you’re wondering which iPhone is the best value for money, here’s your answer. The iPhone 13 will give you the most bang for your buck with an amazing camera, slick performance, an incredible display, and more.
iPhone 13 boasts a lightweight and easy-to-handle profile with Ceramic Shield for durability. It’s got the A15 Bionic processor that makes everyday use extremely smooth and responsive. Plus, the Cinematic Mode and Photographic Styles are among some of its most loved features.
The best thing is that iPhone 13 is available at a discounted rate since it’s a generation older than the iPhone 14 series. Grab it now for great all-around performance and an impressive camera
22-24 Points. Grab the iPhone SE 2nd Gen. (2022)
If it’s your first time buying an iPhone or if the cost is your constraint, bring the iPhone SE (2022) into your life. It might have an outdated design, but the interiors are as powerful as the higher-end iPhone 13 series, thanks to the A15 bionic processor (the same as iPhone 13, 14, and 14 Plus).
Moreover, it also boasts wireless charging and an impressive camera. Go for this, and maybe you can also get another Apple device with the money you save, such as the Apple Watch SE or AirPods!
Did you find this iPhone buying guide 2022 useful? Let me know in the comments below, or ask any questions you may have.
You may want to take a peek at: