Notes app has vastly improved with the introduction of iOS 11 and macOS High Sierra. It has got some highly functional features including the option to insert tablet to a note on iPhone/iPad and Mac.
The process of adding a table in the Notes app on iOS 11 and macOS High is quite straightforward. Moreover, you can also rearrange columns, rows and even convert tablet to text.
How to Use Tables in Notes App on iPhone, iPad, and Mac
What we are going to cover.
- How to Insert a Table in Notes App on iPhone
- How to Add Columns or Rows in the Table
- How to Delete Columns or Rows from Table
- How to Rearrange Columns and Rows in a Table in Notes App
- How to Copy, Share, and Delete a Table or Covert a Table to Text
- How to Add a Table to a Note on Mac in macOS High Sierra
- How to Add and Delete Rows and Columns in Notes App on Mac
- How to Rearrange Rows and Columns in Notes App on Mac
- How to Convert a Table into Text
How to Add a Table in Note on iPhone in iOS 11
Step #1. Launch the Notes app on your iOS device.
Step #2. Now, you need to either open an existing note or create a new one.
Step #3. Next, bring up the keyboard and tap the table icon (looks like a set of boxes) on the left side of the app.
Now, a table will be added to the note.
How to Add Columns or Rows in the Table in Note
If you want to add more columns or rows, tap on the little gray bar next to an active row or column and then tap on Add Row/Columm.
How to Delete Columns or Rows from Table in Notes App
To delete columns or rows tap on the gray bar next to an active row or column and then tap on Delete Column/Row.
How to Rearrange Columns and Rows in Notes App
If you want to rearrange columns and rows, tap the tiny gray bar to highlight a row or column and then drag it into a new position.
How to Copy, Share, Delete a Table or Covert a Table to Text
Simply hold a finger down on the table icon to bring up additional options like Copy Table, Share Table, Convert to Text and Delete Table.
How to Add a Table to a Note on Mac in macOS High Sierra
Step #1. Open the Notes app on your Mac.
Step #2. Now, open a note.
Step #3. Next, you need to click on table menu icon at the top of the screen.
Now, a table will be inserted into the Note.
How to Add, or Delete Rows and Columns in Notes App in macOS High Sierra
Click on the tiny gray handles that are located on the top and side of the table. Then add, or delete rows as per your needs.
How to Rearrange Rows and Columns
To rearrange the row or collum, click and drag the gray handle to the desired location.
How to Convert a Table into Text
To turn the table into text click anywhere in the table and click on Format from the top navigation. Finally, click on “Convert To Text.”
What's your take on the Notes app and how much impressed are you with it? Share your feedback in the comments below.
As we are talking about Notes app, you would want to catch up with these posts:
- How to Scan Documents in Notes App on iOS 11
- How to Search in Notes in iOS App
- How to Change Paper Style in iOS 11 Notes App
- How to Pin Notes on iPhone in iOS 11
- How to Pin Notes in macOS High Sierra