To ensure all of my notes and checklists remain secure and accessible on all of my iDevices, I keep iCloud as the default account location. But if you don’t want to use your precious cloud storage, you have the option to change the default Notes account on your iPhone and iPad. Let’s check it out!
How to Change Default Notes Account Location on iPhone or iPad
- Launch the “Settings” app on your iOS device.
- Now, scroll down and tap on “Notes.”
- Next, you need to ensure that toggle for “On My iPhone Account” or “On My iPad Account” switch is turned.
- Next up, tap on the Default Account, which is at the top of the screen under Accounts.
- Up next, you have to select the preferred location for your notes. If you wish to save them locally on your device, select On My iPhone or On My iPad.
Going forward your notes will be stored locally on your device. But if you ever want to go back to the default option, follow the same steps mentioned above and select iCloud in the end.
If you have some important notes, I would suggest you continue to use iCloud. But if they are not of great importance, storing them locally is the better option.
Catch up with these posts as well: