Contact Posters in iOS 17 offer a fun way to create digital contact cards for yourself and your contacts using images, filters, monograms, and Memojis. Although this new feature in iOS 17 seems great, it isn’t perfect, and many users have reported that Contact Posters are not working on their iPhones.
If you’re experiencing something similar on your iPhone, don’t worry! I have put together a list of quick and easy ways to fix the iOS 17 Contact Poster not working issue.
- Check if your iPhone supports this feature
- Force close and relaunch the Phone App
- Force restart your iPhone
- Make sure Name & Photo Sharing is enabled
- Check if Show My Caller ID is Enabled
- Update apps that support Contact Posters
- Remove and create a new Contact Poster
- Install the latest iOS update
- Reset all Content & Settings
1. Check if your iPhone supports this feature
One of the first things you should check if Contact Posters aren’t working for you is if your iPhone supports them. Contact Posters are only available on iPhone models that can run iOS 17, which includes the following devices:
- iPhone 15 series
- iPhone 14 series
- iPhone 13 series
- iPhone 12 series
- iPhone 11 series
- iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR
- iPhone SE (2nd generation or later)
Note: Even if your iPhone is compatible with iOS 17, the person on the other end also needs to own an iPhone model that supports iOS 17 for Contact Posters to work seamlessly.
2. Force close and relaunch the Phone App
One of the simplest solutions you can employ to fix any app-related issues on your iPhone is to force close and relaunch the app. Here’s how you can force close and relaunch the Phone app to possibly repair Contact Posters.
- Open the App Switcher on your iPhone.
- Then, swipe up on the Phone app to close it.
- Now, relaunch the Phone app to see if Contact Posters are working.
3. Force restart your iPhone
If the preliminary fixes didn’t help resolve the issue, you should force restart your iPhone. This will help you eliminate glitches that can prevent Contact Posters from working correctly. However, if you don’t know how to do this, you should refer to our in-depth guide on how to hard reboot an iPhone.
4. Make sure Name & Photo Sharing is enabled
Another possible reason why Contact Posters may fail to appear on your iPhone could be that the user might have accidentally disabled Name & Photo Sharing for their Contact Poster. You see, this option allows users to pick whether or not they want to share their Contact Poster with everyone.
If you can’t see Contact posters for your contacts, you will have to inform them to enable Name & Photo sharing on their iPhones. Meanwhile, if you can see their Contact Poster but they can’t see yours, you might want to verify if you’ve turned on Name & Photo Sharing for your Contact Poster.
- Launch the Phone app on your iPhone.
- Go to the Contacts tab → Tap your contact card.
- Now, tap on Contact Photo & Poster.
- Check if Name & Photo Sharing is toggled on.
- Then, under Share Automatically, select Contacts Only.
5. Check if Show My Caller ID is Enabled
The Caller ID is the name or number that shows up on a recipient’s iPhone whenever you call them. However, a handful of carriers offer a way to hide your caller ID so that the recipient can’t see your number and identify you.
If you’ve disabled Caller ID on your iPhone, Contact Posters may fail to work for you. Here’s how you can ensure this is not the case with your iPhone:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Now, tap on Phone → Show My Caller ID.
- Check if Show My Caller ID is toggled on.
6. Update apps that support Contact Posters
Apart from the default Phone app on your iPhone, many third-party apps like WhatsApp and Skype also support Contact Posters. If Contact Posters aren’t working with third-party apps on your iPhone, you should update the apps you’re using to ensure that they have been optimized to run on iOS 17.
- Open the App Store → Tap your profile picture on the top right.
- Scroll down and see if an update for the app in question is available.
- If an update is available, tap Update.
7. Remove and create a new Contact Poster
Are Contact Posters working as expected on your iPhone, but your contacts complain that they can’t see your Contact Poster? In this case, you can try to remove your existing Contact Poster and create a new one to see if that works out.
- Launch the Phone app on your iPhone.
- Go to the Contacts tab → Tap on your contact card.
- Now, tap Contact Photo & Poster → Edit.
- Swipe up on the Contact Poster → Tap Delete.
- Once you delete the Contact Poster, tap Create New → Poster.
- Choose your preferred option to design a Contact Poster → Tap Done.
- Tap Continue to confirm the changes and activate the Contact Poster.
You can refer to our guide to learn more about setting up and customizing iOS 17 Contact Posters.
8. Install the latest iOS update
Bugs in iOS can also prevent Contact Posters from working for you. If you think that’s the case with your iPhone, follow these steps to check if Apple has issued a software update with relevant bug fixes to resolve the issue.
- Go to Settings → General → Software Update.
- Tap Update Now if an update is available.
9. Reset all Content & Settings
If the previous fixes didn’t work for you, your best bet would be to perform a factory reset on your iPhone. This will delete the user data and preferences to restore your iPhone to factory settings and fix any issues along the way.
- Go to Settings → General → Transfer or Reset iPhone.
- Choose Erase All Content and Settings.
- Tap Continue → type the iPhone Passcode. Then you may follow the on-screen instructions once the automatic iCloud backup completes.
Contact Apple Support
If you’ve tried all the solutions mentioned above but still can’t get Contact Posters to work on your iPhone, It’s recommended that you contact Apple Support. They can assist you over the phone or help schedule a Genius Bar appointment at a nearby Apple Store to diagnose issues and resolve them.
Contact Posters in iOS 17 fixed!
Contact Posters in iOS 17 provide a convenient way for users to personalize their calling experience and keep their contacts organized. However, if you cannot use Contact Posters on your iPhone, the solutions mentioned in this troubleshooting guide should help you easily resolve the issue.
- How to delete multiple contacts on iPhone at once? 3 ways explained!
- How to merge contacts between iCloud and other groups on iPhone
- How to block a number on your iPhone? 3 methods explained!
Readers like you help support iGeeksBlog. When you make a purchase using links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read Disclaimer.