The loading and flawed working of Facebook has been pretty common issues on the iPhone. Numerous users facing the problem reached out to us via different mediums and complained about it. Thankfully, it is something that can be successfully addressed. In this tutorial, we bring you possible solutions that will help you to fix Facebook not working issue on the iPhone and iPad.
- Quit and Relaunch the App
- Fix Internet Connectivity Issues
- Check Restrictions for Facebook
- Check Facebook Update
- Clear History and Website Data
- Delete and Reinstall Facebook App
- Restart your iPhone
- Update your iOS Version
1. Quit and Relaunch the App
The first thing we usually try when Facebook stops working is to pull down the app screen page to refresh it. In case this does not work, the next solution is to quit and relaunch the Facebook app.
To force quit an app, on iPhone with Face ID, swipe up from the bottom of the screen and hold. On iPhone with Home button, quickly double press it. You are now in the app switcher. Drag the Facebook app card up to close it. After a few seconds, launch the app again.
2. Fix Internet Connectivity Issues
At times this could be due to Wi-Fi or cellular data issues. To check this, open Safari and visit a website.
Does it load? If yes, perfect! If not, switch off and on Wi-Fi or mobile data on your iPhone. Also, consider restarting your Wi-Fi router. Here are our detailed resources on fixing Wi-Fi and mobile data connectivity issues in case you need more help.
If you are on cellular data, it is essential to check whether it’s enabled for Facebook or not. To do this, launch the Settings app → Cellular → under CELULAR DATA, make sure the toggle for Facebook is enabled.
Are you using a VPN? If yes, please disable it. Facebook (like many other sites) might not be accessible on certain VPNs.
3. Check Restrictions for Facebook
Screen Time makes it possible to impose a time limit and other kinds of restrictions on apps. Since Facebook is not working appropriately, let us invest a quick moment to confirm that it’s not restricted.
- Open the Settings app and tap on Screen Time.
- Tap on App Limits and ensure that Facebook is not added here.
- If it is, tap on it and finally tap on Delete Limit.
- Now, tap on <Screen Time go back. Next, tap on Content & Privacy Restrictions.
- Turn off the toggle for Content & Privacy Restrictions.
After following the above steps, launch the Facebook app, and see if it loads or not.
4. Check Facebook Update
Facebook brings new app updates frequently. And in each of these, the social media giant tries to address bugs and improve the overall experience. To fix the working issue, you must get the latest version.
To update an app on iPhone, long press on the App Store icon and tap on Updates. Next, tap on UPDATE next to Facebook.
5. Clear History and Website Data
Are you facing trouble while using Facebook on Safari or any other iOS browser? Deleting the history and website data will do the trick.
We have a step-by-step guide that shows you how to clear history for Safari on the iPhone and iPad. For other browsers, tap on the in-app settings button and look for History → Clear Browsing Data.
6. Delete and Reinstall Facebook App
Once you delete an app, it removes the associated data, and after reinstalling, everything starts afresh. As Facebook is not working, let us try this solution as well.
- Press on the Facebook app icon from the Home screen and tap on Delete App → Delete.
- Now, press on the App Store icon, and tap on Search. Type ‘Facebook‘ and tap on the download icon.
- Once the download completes, log in to the app again.
7. Restart your iPhone or iPad
One solution for fixing several technical problems, on any device, that’s often overlooked is – restart! It involves easy steps and solves the issue without much fiddling around.
To fix the ongoing Facebook working problems, go ahead and restart your iPhone. After this, the issue may no longer continue to trouble.
8. Update your iOS Version
Finally, if nothing helps, update your iPhone. It will ensure better compatibility with Facebook (and other apps). Consequently, the ongoing working issues may be successfully taken care of.
I sincerely hope you were able to figure out a positive way out of the Facebook problem by following the solutions above. Let us know which one worked for you.
Unfortunately, if the problem still exists, report it to Facebook.
You would like to read these posts as well:
- Download Facebook Videos on iPhone, Android, and Computer
- How to Add a Temporary Facebook Profile Picture
- How to See Who Viewed Your Facebook Profile
- Deactivate or Delete Your Facebook Account