The AirPods Pro are one of the best earphones out there and a fashion statement too. But few users face an annoying problem wherein the AirPods Pro keep disconnecting from iPhone, Mac, and Apple Watch. If you’re facing this issue too, not to worry. Our quick fix guide will solve all your AirPod Pro connection issues.
- Check your AirPods Pro Battery
- Put the AirPods Pro in Charging Case and then take them out
- Turn Off Bluetooth for Other Paired Device
- Disable Automatic Ear Detection Settings of AirPods Pro from iPhone
- Restart the Devices Connected with AirPods Pro
- Reconnect AirPods Pro with your iPhone or Mac
- Reset AirPods Pro
- Update Software of your iPhone, Mac, or Apple Watch
- Update the Firmware of AirPods Pro
- Clean your AirPods Pro
- Contact Apple Support
Check your AirPods Pro Battery
When the AirPods Pro runs out of battery, they automatically disconnect from paired devices. However, your AirPods may also disconnect randomly if the battery is at the lower end, so make sure to keep them charged.
The first step to fix this disconnection issue is to check the battery level of your AirPods. If it’s low, place the buds inside their charging case to charge them. After 5 minutes, you may start using them again.
Put the AirPods Pro in Charging Case and then take them out
If your AirPods Pro disconnects without reason, simply place them in the charging case. The light indicator will blink and let you know that the AirPods are charging. After 5 seconds, put them back in your ear. The wireless buds would automatically reconnect, and things would be normal onwards.
Turn off Bluetooth for Other Paired Devices
I have tried many solutions, but still, this issue persists. So, what I do is I turn off Bluetooth and It works. Let’s say you are using AirPods on your Mac then turn off Bluetooth on your iPhone. I’m not sure if this will work on your AirPods Pro, but it’s worth trying as it might fix the disconnection problem.
Disable Automatic Ear Detection of AirPods Pro from iPhone
If your AirPods Pro disconnect during regular calls, chances are the battery has run out. The buds have comparatively less backup when you use them for calls.
If battery is not the culprit, then turning off automatic ear detection and setting AirPods Pro to use either left or right microphone will help. To do this:
- Open Settings app on the connected iPhone and tap on Bluetooth.
- Tap on (i) next to your AirPods Pro name. Now scroll down and turn off the toggle for Automatic Ear Detection.
- Next, tap on Microphone and select Always Left AirPod or Always Right AirPod.
Restart the Devices Connected with AirPods Pro
It is beneficial to restart your iPhone, Mac, or Apple Watch at least once every week. To fix the issue of AirPods Pro frequently disconnecting, restart your connected device. After this, the problem will most likely be addressed.
Reconnect AirPods Pro with your iPhone or Mac
If you repeatedly face disconnection with your new Apple AirPods Pro, it is time to disconnect them and pair them again. To do this:
- Open Settings app on the connected iPhone and tap on Bluetooth. Now tap on (i) next to your AirPods Pro name.
- Tap Disconnect.
- Now go back to Bluetooth settings and tap on AirPods Pro name to reconnect it. You may also keep them in the charging case for 15 seconds and then put them back in your ear.
If you are using your AirPods Pro with any other device except iPhone, please follow this guide.
Reset AirPods Pro
If none of the solutions worked, now is the time to reset your AirPods Pro. I could have mentioned this at the top, but I wanted that you try the smaller fixes first. Here is a recap on how to reset your AirPods Pro:
- Keep your AirPods Pro in the charging case and close the lid. After 30 seconds, open the lid. Do not take the buds out
- Now, open the Settings app on your connected iPhone, tap on Bluetooth and then tap on (i) next to your AirPods Pro name.
- Tap on Forget This Device and confirm the action.
Finally, connect your AirPods Pro again to your iPhone. To do this, press and hold the button on the back of your charging case. When you see the setup card on your iPhone screen, please follow it.
Update Software of your iPhone, Mac, or Apple Watch
Software updates fix connection bugs, errors, and other such problems that Apple comes to know from its users. If none of the solutions above worked for you, update your connected device.
Update the Firmware of AirPods Pro
Did you know that your AirPods Pro also receive updates? This does not occur as often as your iPhone, but Apple does bring out firmware updates for your wireless buds if needed. Usually, your AirPods Pro is updated automatically without your intervention.
However, you may follow this guide on how to update AirPods firmware to the latest version. This will ensure that your wireless earphones are running the up-to-date version. For AirPods Pro, the current firmware version is 2C54.
Note: This update has messed up the noise cancellation. Apple may soon bring a new update.
Clean your AirPods Pro
Again, this is not a conventional method, but something that is worth trying out to fix the issue of your AirPods Pro randomly disconnecting. Cleaner AirPods Pro stem and charging case may aid charging too.
Contact Apple Support
AirPods Pro are the latest version of AirPods. So it’s likely that they are under warranty. Therefore, if you persistently face disconnection issues, contact Apple Support.
If they are not able to fix the issue, they may create a support case for you. Next, visit an Apple Store, and since AirPods are unrepairable, chances are you will get a new pair.
AirPods Pro Working Perfectly Without Disconnecting!
I hope one of the solutions worked for you. Please let me know which one, in the comments down below. If nothing worked and you want to switch from AirPods Pro then here are some best alternatives that you may buy.
You might want to take a peek at these posts as well:
- Best AirPods Pro Waterproof Cases
- AirPods Pro Wireless Charging Pads
- Best AirPods Pro Anti-Lost Straps
- How to Fix Left/Right AirPod isn’t Working?
If you have some additional tips to fix this disconnecting issue, share with us in the comment below.