Face ID is one of the highlights of Apple’s iPhone X and 11 series as well as iPad Pros. It’s a breeze to use Face ID and prevent other people from unlocking your device. But what if you get into a situation where someone is trying to force you into letting them access your device? Well, In such a case, you can quickly turn off Face ID on your iPhone or iPad Pro. This will temporarily disable the Face ID, and your passcode will be required instead to unlock your device. Let’s go ahead and learn how to do it.
How to Temporarily Disable Face ID
- Press and hold the Side button and the volume up or down button at once.
- Now, tap on Cancel.
That’s it! The Face ID has been temporarily turned off. Now, you will have to enter the passcode to re-enable.
Other Ways to Disable Face ID Temporarily
- Simply restart your iPhone
- Make five failed attempts to unlock the device
- Press and hold the Wake/Sleep button and volume button at once to reboot your iPhone
If you ever decide to completely turn off Face ID for any personal reason, you will be able to get it done with ease.
How to Turn off Face ID on iPhone and iPad Pro
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone → Face ID & Passcode.
- Now, enter your passcode.
- Under the “Use Face ID For” section, turn off the switch next to iPhone Unlock.
You can also disable the use of the Face ID for iTunes & App Store, Apple Pay, Password AutoFill, and other apps that have requested to use this facial recognition technology.
What are your thoughts about this revolutionary feature? Let us know in the comments below.