The Apple Cash card is accepted at multiple stores, websites, and in various apps. But still, you may want to transfer Apple Cash to your bank account, in case you need to withdraw cash from an ATM for instance.
Additionally, you may prefer to keep small sums of money in Apple Cash and retain the bulk of your funds in a separate account. Whatever your reasons are, transferring funds is a walk in the park.
So, let me show you how to transfer Apple Cash to your bank account or debit card instantly.
- How to transfer Apple Cash to a bank account
- Use Instant Transfer Apple Cash with a Visa debit card
- How to update your bank account information
- What to do if you can’t transfer your Apple Cash
Before you begin:
- Move up to $10,000 in a single transfer, and up to $20,000 in a seven day period.
- Transfer from Apple Pay Cash is only possible for a bank account in the United States.
- Your Visa debit card should be eligible for this transfer. Ask your card issuer if you have doubts.
How to transfer Apple Cash to a bank account
It takes 1-3 business days to transfer funds to a bank account.
- Open Wallet on your iPhone.
- Tap on your Apple Cash card.
- Tap the More button (black circle with three dots). iPad users: Open Settings and tap Wallet & Apple Pay. After that, tap on your Apple Cash card.
- Next, tap Transfer to Bank.
- Fill in the amount you’d like to transfer. Then tap Next.
- Tap on 1-3 Business Days. Note: Follow the on-screen instructions if you haven’t set up (added) a bank account before.
- Confirm the transfer using Face ID, Touch ID, or passcode.
The money will be transferred in 1 to 3 business days. Business days in most countries mean every day except Saturday, Sunday, government holidays, or other special days when banks are closed by law or government order.
Use Instant Transfer Apple Cash with a Visa debit card
The steps for instantly transferring funds to an eligible Visa debit card are similar to that of a bank transfer. It takes up to 30 minutes for the transfer. There’s a small charge associated with the transfer—a one percent fee (with a minimum fee of $0.25 and a maximum fee of $10).
- On iPhone: Open Wallet. Next, tap on your Apple Cash card and then tap on the More button (black circle with three dots).
On iPad: Open Settings. Scroll down and tap Wallet & Apple Pay. Next, tap your Apple Cash card.
- Now, tap Transfer to Bank.
- Next, enter the amount you like and tap Next.
- Here, tap Instant Transfer.
Note: Tap Add Card and follow the on-screen instructions if you haven’t added a Visa debit card.
- Tap > to select the particular Visa debit card you want to transfer the funds to, and choose the billing details for the selected debit card.
The selected amount will be transferred within 30 minutes.
How to update your bank account information
- Launch Wallet on your iPhone → Apple Cash card → the more button. On your iPad, open Settings → Wallet & Apple Pay → Apple Cash card.
- Now, tap Bank Account and then choose the preferred bank account.
To edit your bank information
Tap the next option to the routing number or account number. Then, add the needed information and confirm the numbers. After that, tap on Next.
To delete your bank information
Tap Delete Bank Account Information. You will need to tap on it again to confirm. Once you’ve wiped out your Apple Card information, you can add your bank information again as usual.
Note: When you update your information on one device, it automatically syncs with all the devices connected with the same Apple ID.
What to do if you can’t transfer your Apple Cash
- Ensure your device has Wi-Fi or Cellular data connection
- Check for software updates on your iPhone or iPad by opening Settings → General → Software Update. Download and install any pending update, if available
- For a Visa debit card, contact your card issuer (most likely your bank) and ask if it’s eligible
- For a bank transfer, you should be using an eligible United States bank account. Also, ensure that you have entered the correct account and routing numbers (while adding bank details)
- For Visa instant transfer, the billing address you use should match with the details of the selected debit card
- The transfer amount should not exceed the limits (mentioned above). The minimum amount you can transfer to your card or bank is $1. However, if your entire Apple Cash card balance is less than $1, you can transfer it entirely
- Lastly, if you’re still unable to transfer money, you may have to verify your identity. Additionally, you may also want to contact Apple support
This is how you can transfer Apple Cash money instantly or in just a few days to your debit card or bank account. I hope you found this post helpful. Next, you may also like to know how to send and receive Apple Pay Cash via iMessage.
You may also like: