WhatsApp Payment has finally come out of months of speculation, and we have already put our hands on the peer-to-peer money transfer feature. And guess what, we’ve found it up to the mark! Haven’t yet got started? Follow this quick walkthrough to send/receive money using WhatsApp Payment on your iPhone and Android.
Keep in mind that you must have the latest version of the messaging app installed on your device to use the money transfer feature. Besides, the recipient must have set up WhatsApp Payment to be able to receive money. Read on…
How to Send/Receive Cash Using WhatsApp Payment on iPhone and Android
How to Send Money using WhatsApp In Individual Chats
Things you should know:
- The peer-to-peer money transfer feature is based on India’s Unified Payments Interface
- The Reserve Bank of India regulates UPI through its payment subsidiary NPCI. Currently, as many as 72 banks including HDFC, Axis, ICICI, SBI, Yes Bank, Allahabad Bank, Punjab National Bank, etc. support it
- When you send money, it’s directly credited to recipient’s bank account
- You have to verify your phone number while setting up the payment system. Your WhatsApp number must be the same as your mobile number linked to your bank account. Head over to this post to set up WhatsApp Payment
Step##1. Open WhatsApp on your smartphone.
Step #2. Now, head over to the conversation. (I mean, select the friend to whom you want to send money.)
Step #3. Now, on your iOS device, tap on the “+” button (on Your Android device, tap on the “Clip” icon.) Next, tap on Payment.
Step #4. Next up, you need to enter the amount and type in a note. Up next, tap on the send button.
Step #5. You will have to authenticate the payment with the 4-digit UPI pin.
The messaging app will notify your friend about money sent to his contact. Besides, both your and your friend will receive an SMS about the money transfer.
Sending money to your friend in a group chat is as simple.
How to Send Money from WhatsApp Group Chats on iPhone or Android Phone
Step #1. Launch WhatsApp on your mobile device.
Step #2. Now, open any group chat.
- On your iPhone, you need to tap on “+.”
- On Your Android device, tap on “Clip.”
Step #3. Tap on Payment.
Step #4. You can now see the list of your group members. Select the friend to whom you want to send money.
Step #5. Next up, enter the amount and add a note.
Step #6. Finally, authenticate the payment.
That’s all there is to it!
Peer-to-peer money transfer is going to be a massive hit with the messaging app. And the Facebook-owned company has started off on a right note by first introducing it in a country where it has over 200 million users.
Take a peek at these posts as well:
- How to Manually Accept Apple Pay Cash on iPhone and iPad
- Send-Receive Apple Pay Cash Using iMessage
- How to Send/Receive Money via Facebook Messenger
Jignesh Padhiyar is the co-founder of iGeeksBlog.com, who has a keen eye for news, rumors, and all the unusual stuff around Apple products. During his tight schedule, Jignesh finds some moments of respite to share side-splitting content on social media.