Many Apple Watch apps can make life convenient and help you out on-the-go. But sometimes, your watch might get a bit sluggish, or you may face some problem with an app and want to close it. Closing the apps that you don’t need can help your Apple Watch speed up and work efficiently. So check out this complete guide to learn how to do it.
- How to Close Apple Watch Apps
- How to Force Quit Apps on Apple Watch
- Troubleshooting Tips for an App that Stops Responding or Won’t Open
How to Close Apple Watch Apps
- Press the Side button once on your Apple Watch.
- Turn the Digital Crown to scroll through the active apps. (You can also do it by using your finger)
- Select the app you want to close and swipe from right to left. Tap the large red X that appears beside it.
How to Force Quit Apps on Apple Watch
Note: Make sure you’re in the app that you want to force close.
- Press and hold the side button until you see the shutdown screen.
- Press and hold the Digital Crown until the app closes.
Troubleshooting Tips for Apps that Stop Responding or Won’t Open
If closing or force quitting an Apple Watch app does not solve the problem you’re facing; there are a few other steps you can take.
1. Restart your Apple Watch
Sometimes, restarting your Apple Watch can fix any technical glitches with apps.
- Press and hold the side button until the Shutdown screen appears.
- Then tap on Power Off.
- Wait a few seconds and then press and hold the side button again until you see the Apple logo.
2. Update Latest WatchOS on Apple Watch
It’s advisable to always run the latest version of watchOS on your Apple Watch.
You can update your watch by going to Settings → General → Software Update.
3. Delete and Reinstall App
If an app is facing issues, it’s a good idea to delete and reinstall it. This usually smooths over any problems and gives it a fresh start.
- Press the Digital Crown to be on the Home Screen of your Apple Watch.
- Tap and hold an app icon until you see a small ‘x’ symbol appear above it.
- Tap the ‘x’ and then select Delete App
You can then go to the App Store and reinstall the app if you want to.
Video: How to Apple Watch Apps
We hope this has answered all your questions about how to close apps on Apple Watch. Let us know in the comments below what else you want to learn about watchOS.
You may also like to read these: