Predictive Text and iOS have been together for some time now. While some are acquainted with the name, there are few for whom the name could be new. In simple language, it is the small horizontal section above your keyboard, which suggests you words you need to or maybe wanting to type. Though we can’t deny the way it has been of great help for people, there’s a noticeable count of those finding this irritating and bothersome. If you fall in the latter category, this is just the right place to learn how to turn off predictive text on iPhone and iPad.
- What is Predictive Text?
- How to Disable Predictive Text on iPhone and iPad Using Settings
- How to Turn Off Predictive Text from iPhone or iPad Keyboard
What is Predictive Text?
“It’s a software developed using machine learning to make your typing easier. It suggests you words and phrases ahead that you might be planning/thinking to type.”
The software utilizes algorithms of machine learning to analyze your writing style and frequently used phrases and words to give you the best possible suggestion.
How to Disable Predictive Text on iPhone and iPad Using Settings
- Open the Settings app on your device.
- Tap on General and scroll down to the “Keyboard” and tap on it.
- Here amidst other options, you’ll find the “Predictive” tab. You can choose to enable or disable it here.
How to Turn Off Predictive Text from iPhone or iPad Keyboard
- Locate and long press on the globe icon ( ) located at the bottom left of your keyboard.
- You’ll notice a flag popping out with an option to reach “Keyboard Settings.” Tap on it.
- Here you can enable or disable the predictive.
The team at Apple leaves no stone unturned to serve its users with the best experience. However, not every feature may fit the likes of users. We are here to serve you with all your queries and concerns linked with Apple products. Do let us know whether the blog helped you or not in the comment section or by emailing us directly.
You may also like to read these: