It is not straightforward to delete all pictures at once from the Photos app on iPhone in iOS 13. This is because there is no Select All button. Neither there is an option to empty the entire Camera Roll in the Settings app. Still, here are three ways to delete all photos and videos from iPhone or iPad quickly. Let me show you how.
- How to Delete Multiple Photos at Once from iPhone or iPad Running iOS 13
- Quickly Delete iPhone Photos using Days Tab
- How to Delete All iPhone Photos at Once Using Mac
How to Delete Multiple Photos at Once from iPhone or iPad Running iOS 13
There are two ways to delete pictures in bulk from the iPhone’s Photos app itself. In both methods, the main difference lies in the image selection process. Take a look at each and use the one you prefer.
- Open Photos app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap Albums from the bottom row.
- Tap on Recent to see all Photos.
- Now, Tap Select from the upper right.
- Now carefully and very lightly touch the upper part of the last image and instantly start dragging your finger to the top left of the screen. Image selection will begin. You may also, without lifting your touch, take your finger to the upper middle portion. Do not leave your hold until all images are selected.
- Tap the delete icon from the bottom right.
- Tap Delete (number) Items.
Quickly Delete iPhone Photos using Days Tab
- Open Photos app on your iPhone.
- Tap Photos from the bottom row.
- Tap Days.
- Next, Tap on Select.
- Next, tap Select All wherever you see.
- Tap the delete icon from the bottom right and confirm.
Irrespective of which selection method you used, the deleted photos are still under Recently Deleted. After 30 days, they will be permanently removed automatically. However, to delete them now:
- Tap once or twice on the Albums tab from the bottom row.
- Scroll to the end and tap Recently Deleted.
- Tap Select and finally tap Delete All.
- Confirm your action.
This is how you can select all images in your Photos app and delete them together.
Indeed, it was a bit time taking, but if you have a Mac, you can delete all photos from your iPhone in a flash. Here is how.
How to Delete All iPhone Photos at Once Using Mac
For this, we will be using a built-in macOS app that you may have never opened. This wonderful little app is a lifesaver if you wish to delete all photos from your iOS devices instantly.
- Unlock your iPhone and using a proper cable connect it to Mac.
- Now, on your Mac, press Command (⌘) and Space Bar to launch Spotlight Search.
- Type Image Capture. Click on the app to open it.
- You will see your iPhone in the left sidebar. If your iPhone’s screen locks, then you won’t see it. So make sure to keep your iPhone unlocked.
- Click on any image and then press Command (⌘) + A to select all photos.
- Right-click. Or press the control button and click.
- Click Delete (number) items.
Immediately everything is deleted. Like the previous method, you do not see them in the Recently Deleted section.
So, if needed, make sure to import the images to your Mac before deleting them from your iPhone. Steps for importing are the same. Just select Import (number) items instead of Delete (number) items in step 7.
That’s all, folks!
If you use the iCloud Photo Library and delete all the pictures from one device, say from Photos app on Mac, then they are also removed from all your iCloud connected devices.
Finally, even after deleting all photos if you find some images, then that may be because you have My Photo Stream turned ON. Here is how to delete photos from Photo Stream.
You may also like to take a peek at:
- Best Photo Vault Apps for iPhone
- How to Delete Photo Albums on iPhone and iPad
- How to Download Photos from iCloud to iPhone, Mac, and Windows PC
- How to Hide Images and Videos in iOS 13 Photos App on iPhone
Have a question or doubt? Feel free to ask in the comments down below.