It is an unfiltered truth that your photos and videos take up all storage in your iPhone and iPad, leaving no space for essential stuff. Exasperatedly, I resort to deleting unwanted photos from my device. If you want to know how I permanently delete photos from iPhone and iPad, this article is just for you. Let’s start!
- How to delete photos from the Photos app on iPhone or iPad
- How to delete photos permanently from iPhone or iPad
- How to recover deleted photos from iPhone or iPad
How to delete photos from the Photos app on iPhone or iPad
- Launch the Photos app.
- Tap Library → Choose the folder from where you want to delete the photos.
Here, I am selecting All Photos.
- Now, to delete:
- Single image: Tap the photo.
- Multiple images: Go to Select → Choose the photos or slide your finger across them.
- Lastly, tap the Bin icon → Choose Delete Photos.
You must also delete duplicate photos on your iPhone or iPad. By merging duplicate photos, your iPhone keeps one version of the duplicates that combines relevant data and shifts the other picture to Recently Deleted.
How to delete photos permanently from iPhone or iPad
- Go to Photos App → Open Albums.
- Tap Recently Deleted.
- Unlock the Recently Deleted album with your Face ID or Password.
- Select the photo → Tap Delete.
You can long-press on the photo and pick Delete.
- Tap Delete from all devices to confirm.
Although you have permanently deleted the unnecessary photos from your iPhone, a few may reappear if you have backed up them on your iCloud. So, you must delete them from iCloud too.
How to delete photos from iCloud on iPhone
- Log into your iCloud account via any preferred browser.
- Tap Photos.
- Access the picture you seek to delete.
This works the same for multiple pictures as well.
- Now tap the Trash icon → Select Delete.
How to recover deleted photos from iPhone or iPad
Once deleted from the Photos App, the pictures are directed to the Recently Deleted album, where they stay for the next 30 days. You can retrieve deleted photos from your iPhone within this span. Want to know how? Here are the steps to recover recently deleted photos on iPhone or iPad.
In the Photos App, tap Albums → Go to People & Places → Choose the person or location whose photos you want to delete. Select the pictures and tap Delete. Lastly, choose Delete again to confirm.
Yes, when you delete photos from your iPhone, they remain stored on iCloud unless you delete them from there. That’s why sometimes deleted photos reappear on iPhone.
Permanently deleted iPhone photos are overwritten by new entrants and cannot be recovered. They are not stored anywhere. So, you should delete photos consciously.
I know you love your pictures, but sometimes, removing duplicates or low-quality images is good. You can easily enhance your performance once you free your iPhone and iPad from cluttered data. I hope this guide on deleting photos permanently on your iPhone will help you. Do let me know in the comments section.
- How to save Snapchat videos and photos on iPhone
- Tips to use People album in Photos app on iPhone
- Best iPhone apps to add text to photos