Want to make your Snap experience more fun? You may give your friends and yourself unique display names different from the username. In this guide, you will learn how to change someone’s Snapchat Display Name on your iPhone. It will bless you with a more customized Snapchat experience at your fingertips.
- What is the difference between Snapchat username and display name?
- How to change a friend’s Snapchat display name on iPhone
- How to edit your Snapchat display name on iPhone
What is the difference between Snapchat username and display name?
The Snapchat username is an identifier that lets you log in to your account and add friends. Once you create your account, you can change your username only once a year. It appears on other people’s accounts when they search for you or view your private or public Snapchat profile.
On the other hand, the Snapchat Display Name is the name your Snapchat friends see when they interact with you. Unlike a username, you can change the display name anytime and as often as possible. Moreover, you can change the Snapchat display name for everyone in your friend’s list. The steps are enlisted here.
How to change a friend’s Snapchat display name on iPhone
- Launch the Snapchat app.
- Tap the chat icon → Select the profile whose display name you want to change.
- Tap the display name appearing at the top of the chat window.
- In the profile screen, choose the display name again.
- Enter your preferred display name in the pop-up.
- Tap Save.
When you change someone’s Snapchat display name, it only appears for you. The other person doesn’t get any Snapchat notifications about the new name.
How to edit your Snapchat display name on iPhone
Besides changing other’s name on Snapchat, you can also edit your display name. So, when a new friend adds you, they will see your new name. Note that your name will show how your Snapchat friends have stored your contact information on their phones.
- Open Snapchat → Tap your Bitmoji.
- Select your name.
- Enter your preferred display name → Tap Save.
No. Your new Snapchat display name will only be visible to the friends made after the change. Unfortunately, your existing followers will see the old display name.
The character limit for Snapchat display names is 30 (including spaces).
Snapchat is an excellent way to share everyday moments with loved ones. This is why a teeny-tiny step to change a friend’s Display Name on Snapchat can be a big game-changer. I hope the steps mentioned here will be helpful to you. Do let me know in the comments section. Till then, keep reading!
- How to save Snapchat videos and photos on iPhone
- How to download Snapchat data on iPhone and Mac
- How to change My AI gender and name in Snapchat on iPhone
- How to mute someone in Snapchat on iPhone
Readers like you help support iGeeksBlog. When you make a purchase using links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read Disclaimer.