As a Snapchat user, have you ever wondered how to access your previous Snapchat interactions? I was wondering the same and discovered that Snapchat collects a lot of user data. While the app remains fairly closed to the public (for the most part), there are ways you can get to know what is happening along with your “Snaps,” here’s how you can access the same.
- How to download your Snapchat data on iPhone and Android
- How to download your Snapchat data from macOS or Windows
- What types of information are accessible on Snapchat?
- How to access the downloaded Snapchat data?
How to download Snapchat data on iPhone and Android
- Open the Snapchat app.
- Tap your profile image from the top left.
- Open Settings (gear icon) at the top right.
- Scroll down and open My Data under Account Actions.
- Enter your login credentials.
It will redirect you to the “Download My Data” page.
- Now, scroll through the bottom and confirm your email address.
After submitting the request, you will receive an email once your data is ready to download.
Download your Snapchat data from macOS or Windows
- Log into your Snapchat account using this link.
- Enter your login details → tap login.
- Verify your login with an OTP from your mobile phone or email address.
You would land on the “Manage my account” page.
- Click “My Data.”
- Request your Snapchat data.
Once your data is ready to download, you will receive an email. Remember that it can take up to 6 hours to process the request.
What types of information are accessible on Snapchat?
After downloading the Snapchat data report, you can access the following:
- Login history and account information
- Saved chats
- Friends list
- Account name changes
- Frequent Locations
- User and Public Profiles
- Saved Memories
- Search history
- Content interests
It’s no secret that Snapchat collects a lot of user data. If that is something that concerns you, here’s how you can delete your Snapchat account.
How to access the downloaded Snapchat data?
- Extract the zip file.
- Open the extracted folder.
- Open the “Index.html” with a web browser.
- Click the Sidebar item that you want information for.
It would redirect you to the page where that specific information resides.
It can be ready in an instant, or it can take up to 6 hours until your data is processed. Either way, you will get an email once it is ready to download.
Your Snapchat data is stored in your local storage as well as on the Snapchat servers.
Nope, the Snapchat data will only show the messages that are saved in your chats.
I hope that the information here was helpful enough and you were able to download and access your Snapchat data. After taking a look at the Snapchat data report, we’ve come to know that Snapchat collects almost every interaction. Let us know what you guys think in the comment section below.