With its unique concept of photos disappearing after a few seconds combined with cool features like real-time sharing and quirky selfies, Snapchat has been known to evoke FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out) among users. This often leads people to check the app every few minutes, thus, getting carried away.
If you plan to take a break from Snapchat or maybe delete the account permanently, this article is for you!
- How to Delete Snapchat Account
- Permanently Delete Your Snapchat Account
- Reactivate Your Snapchat Account
How to delete Snapchat account
- Open the Snapchat app.
- On the home page, tap on your avatar at the top left corner. Then tap on the Gear icon at the top right.
- Scroll down to locate the Support section and select ‘I Need Help.’
- Tap on the search bar and type ‘Delete My Account.’ From the drop-down list of options, choose ‘Delete My Account.‘
- This will redirect you to the Account Deletion Support Page. The page will share every little detail related to account deletion. To Proceed further, tap on ‘Accounts Portal‘ just beneath ‘How to Delete your Snapchat Account.’
- That will bring you to the final step of Snapchat account deletion. Enter your username/email ID and password to confirm.
- In your browser, Log in to Snapchat Account.
- Select Delete My Account. This will redirect you to the final step.
- Enter your credentials and confirm the deletion.
Permanently delete Snapchat account
To permanently delete your Snapchat account, you’ll have to wait for 30 days from the day of confirming the deletion. If you do not log in for the next 30 days, the account will be deleted automatically. However, your account details won’t still be gone entirely.
Snapchat’s privacy guidelines mention that they will keep specific user data secured with them for security purposes. Here is what it includes;
- The personal information you shared while installing the app or creating an account.
- Information linked to your device, location, and data logs.
- Third-party information, including other users’ contact lists, data collected from advertisers, and third-party linked information.
Reactivate Snapchat account
Suppose you change your mind after deleting the account and wish to resume; you can reactivate it within 30 days of the day of deletion. Enter your credentials in your app and wait for the confirmation email.
Note: Though mostly it happens within a couple of minutes, at times, it may take up to 24 hours to reactivate your account. Hence, if it doesn’t activate instantly, wait for some time.
Additionally, you can’t change the account password after deactivation. So, ensure to note it down before deactivating.
Snapchat Account Deleted Successfully!
Many people asked me if the Snapchat account can be deleted from mobile devices. While it’s easier to delete the account from a computer, it’s doable from mobile devices too.
I hope this article serves its purpose and helps you delete/reactivate your Snapchat account.