Do you no longer enjoy using Snapchat and want to get rid of it? Before uninstalling, don’t forget to delete your Snapchat account to remove your personal details. Here, I have created this easy-to-follow guide on how to delete your Snapchat account on your iPhone and Mac. Let’s start!
- How to delete Snapchat account permanently on iPhone or iPad
- How to delete your Snapchat account permanently on Mac
How to delete Snapchat account permanently on iPhone or iPad
- Open Snapchat → Tap the profile icon.
- Choose the Settings icon.
- Select Delete Account.
- Enter your username and password → Tap Next to log in to your Snapchat account.
- Again enter your password → Tap Continue.
How to delete your Snapchat account permanently on Mac
- Launch the Snapchat app.
Alternatively, you can log in to Snapchat on the browser.
- Click the profile icon → Select Account Settings.
- Select Delete my account.
- Fill in your login details → Click Continue.
What happens when you delete your Snapchat account?
Once you fulfill the steps mentioned above, Snapchat deactivates your account immediately. However, it gives you a grace period of 30 days. After the end of this recovery period, Snapchat deletes your account permanently. If you don’t want to lose your data, download your Snapchat data.
Once your Snapchat account gets deleted permanently, the portal deletes your account settings, friends, stories, location data, chats, snaps, and device information from its database servers. Post this; your friends won’t be able to see your ID or send you pictures.
When you request Snapchat to deactivate your account, the app saves your snaps and texts on its database for up to 30 days. You can retrieve your data easily if you log in and reactivate your account during this span.
Snapchat stores your data for 30 days after your account deletion request.
No, you cannot reactivate your Snapchat account after 30 days.
Snapchat is an excellent app for sharing everyday moments with friends and family? But if you got bored of it or have found another exciting app to explore, you can delete Snapchat quickly. I hope this article serves your purpose. If you face any issues, share them in the comments section.
- Snapchat My AI not working on iPhone? 10 Ways to fix it!
- Snapchat keeps crashing on iPhone? 6 Easy fixes
- How to use My AI in Snapchat on iPhone
Readers like you help support iGeeksBlog. When you make a purchase using links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more.
Srishti is an avid writer who loves exploring new things and letting the world know about them through her words. With a curious mind, she will let you move through the nooks and corners of the Apple ecosystem. When not writing, you can find her gushing over BTS like a true BTS Army would.