Whether you’re going to reside in another country or want to try out apps and services of a different nation, you need to update the country or region that’s associated with your Apple ID. But before you make changes, it’s essential to take note of some points like canceling your subscriptions and leaving the Family Sharing group. To know more, let me give you a walkthrough on how to change your Apple Store country or region on iPhone, iPad, and Mac.
- What to Do Before You Change Your Country or Region?
- How to Change Apple Store Country or Region on iPhone and iPad
- How to Change Apple Store Country or Region on Mac
- How to Change Apple ID Country or Region from Web
What to Do Before You Change Your Country or Region?
Before you make required changes in the App Store and native Apple apps, here’s a checklist you need to adhere to strictly.
- You need to cancel all the subscriptions within the App Store and iTunes, including Apple Music, Apple Arcade, Apple News+, and wait till their expiration period.
- If you’ve store credit remaining on your Apple ID, spend it before changing the country or region. Also, if you’ve less store credit than a single item’s cost, you can contact Apple Support.
- Wait till your Season Passes, movie rentals, or memberships end. Also, if you’ve applied for a store credit refund, wait till it’s approved.
- You’ll also have to leave the subscription you’d been using via a Family Sharing group.
- Ensure that you’ve already occupied payment methods for that country.
- Backup all your apps, books, and media services on another device. Because the content you use in your current country may not be available for another.
How to Change Apple Store Country or Region on iPhone and iPad
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Go to iTunes and App Store settings.
- Tap on your Apple ID.
- Tap View Apple ID from the pop-up.
- Sign in or verify with your Touch or Face ID.
- Select Country/Region.
- Tap Change Country or Region.
- Choose your preferred region from the list of countries.
- Tap on Agree after reviewing the terms and hit Agree again to confirm.
- At last, enter a valid payment method and billing address.
How to Change Apple Store Country or Region on Mac
- Launch App Store on your Mac.
- Click on your Apple ID on the bottom left corner.
- Click on View Information.
- Sign in with your Apple ID password if asked.
- Select Change Country or Region.
- Click on the scroll menu that shows your current country and then select your new country.
- Review the terms and conditions and click Agree. Hit Agree again to proceed.
- Fill your payment and billing address details and then click Continue.
How to Change Apple ID Country or Region from Web
- Open a browser on your computer and go to
- If asked, do you want to change the country or region, hit Continue to update.
- Fill valid payment and billing details and then click to Save.
Can’t Change App Store Country Region?
Are you facing any problem while changing the country or region on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac? Let us help you out with a thorough guide on the same.
Note: If you don’t want to lose your subscriptions or you’ve moved to another country temporarily, consider creating a new Apple ID and using it as an alternative for another country.
With this handy guide, we tried giving you a step-by-step walk-through. You can now enjoy apps, music, services, and games available on the new country connected with your Apple ID. In case you still find any issue in accomplishing the process, please feel free to communicate with us and drop your feedback in the comment section below.
You would like to read these posts as well: