The convenience of Apple’s App Store has allowed its users to make digital purchases with a few taps. However, in this digital age, where privacy is highly valued, you must acquaint yourself with ways to safeguard your personal information. So, this article will walk you through the simple yet effective techniques to hide and unhide your App Store purchase history on iPhone, iPad, or Mac.
- Why should you hide your App Store purchase history?
- How to hide purchases from App Store on iPhone and iPad
- How to hide purchases from App Store on Mac
Why should you hide your App Store purchase history?
Every Apple user has distinct needs when it comes to downloading applications from the App Store. While some may use it for basic needs, others may often make more private purchases; for example, adult content, dating apps, etc. So, hiding your purchases will help you protect your sensitive information from being exposed.
Additionally, you can privately keep track of your online purchases and keep them organized and hidden from all.
How to hide purchases from App Store on iPhone and iPad
- Launch App Store on your iPhone.
- Tap your profile icon.
- Access the Purchased option.
Locate the app you seek to hide the purchase history for.
- Swipe the app to the left until the Hide option appears.
- Tap Hide to conclude the process.
How to unhide App Store purchases on iPhone and iPad
Now, in case you have changed your mind and want to find the hidden purchase on the App Store, do the following:
- Launch the App Store → Tap the profile icon.
- Select your Apple ID.
- If prompted, enter the password of your account.
- Upon verification, scroll down to Hidden Purchases under DOWNLOADS AND PURCHASES.
You’ll now be enabled to access every hidden purchase in one place.
- Simply hit Unhide next to the app, and you’re good to go.
How to hide purchases from App Store on Mac
- Launch the App Store app on your Mac → Click on the profile icon at the bottom left.
- Hover over the app of your choice and click the three-dot icon next to it.
- Select the Hide Purchase option.
- Finally, click Hide Purchase when to complete the process.
How to unhide App Store purchases on Mac
- Navigate to the App Store → Profile icon → Account Settings.
- Enter your Apple ID and Password.
- Click Sign In to proceed.
- Now click the Manage option in the Hidden Items section.
- Choose an application you desire to Unhide and hit Done.
No, hiding your purchase history does not impact your ability to redownload previously purchased apps. You can still access and reinstall any apps you’ve bought in the past.
No, hiding your purchase history does not affect your ability to receive app updates. Every update rolled out for specific applications will be available at your disposal, regardless of whether their purchase history is hidden or not.
Prevent and protect!
Now that you’ve mastered the art of concealing your purchase history on the App Store across your Apple devices, you can be assured of all your privacy concerns. Meanwhile, you must develop a habit of taking necessary security measures and staying up to date with every change coming your way.
Thank you for reading, and please take a moment to leave your thoughts in the comments below.
- How to change App Store country or region on iPhone, iPad, and Mac
- Ways to fix “Cannot Connect to App Store” on iPhone or iPad
- How to cancel downloads and updates from Mac App Store
Yash is a driven individual with a passion for technology and its impact on our world. His aim is to educate and inform others about the newest advancements in technology and how they can benefit society. In consonance, he is deeply indulged in anime and Marvel Cinematic Universe, if not writing.