To use FaceTime Live Photos, you need to ensure your friend’s device is running iOS 11 or later, and this feature is enabled. The other important point worth mentioning is that the moment you snap a live photo of your friend, he gets a notification about it. So, it’s no secret at all. Let’s move on!
How to Take a Live Photo from FaceTime on iPhone or iPad
- How to Enable FaceTime Live Photos
- Taking Live Photos in FaceTime
- How to Access FaceTime Live Photos
- How to Edit FaceTime Live Photos
- How to Disable Live Photos in FaceTime
How to Enable FaceTime Live Photos
Step #1. Launch Settings app on your iOS device → Now, scroll down and tap on FaceTime.
Step #2. Turn on the switch next to FaceTime Live Video, if it’s not already.
Taking Live Photos in FaceTime
Make sure your friend has turned on the front-facing camera so that you can capture the photo of his/her face.
Step #1. Make a FaceTime call from your iPhone or iPad.
Step #2. During the call, tap on the camera shutter button at the bottom left corner.
Note: If your friend isn’t using the latest iOS version and you attempt to capture a photo, then you will receive a warning that both the parties need to be running the new software.
That’s it! Your friend will now get a message saying you have taken the live photo. Your friend will now get a message saying you have taken the live photo.
How to Access FaceTime Live Photos
All of your live photos are automatically saved to the Photos app. Hence, you can easily access them.
Step #1. Open Photos app on your device.
Step #2. Now, tap on the Albums tab at the bottom → Next, check out your photos in the Live Photos album.
Check the live photo that you took from FaceTime call. You can also view your latest live photos by going to Photos tab>Today.
How to Edit FaceTime Live Photos
Follow through this complete guide to embellish your pics to your best liking.
How to Disable Live Photos in FaceTime
If you don’t want anyone to take your photo during video calling, you can easily prevent them from doing so.
- When you disable Live Photos in FaceTime feature, the people you chat with you won’t be able to capture your photo
- However, you will still be able to take Live Photos of others, if they have enabled this feature
Step #1. Open Settings app → Tap on FaceTime.
Step #2. Now, turn off the switch next to FaceTime Live Photos.
What’s your take on this new FaceTime feature? Share your feedback about it in the comments below.
Don’t miss out on these posts as well:
- How to Use Markup Tool to Edit Screenshot on iPhone
- How to Scan QR Code using iPhone Camera
- Send Photos from iPhone/iPad to Mac in Compatible Format
- How to Do Group FaceTime on iPhone and iPad