There are lots of video chatting apps available on the App Store. However, FaceTime remains the first choice for many Apple users. Whether it’s a one-on-one conversation or a group video chat, you may occasionally want to record a FaceTime call on iPhone and Mac. This allows you to save special memories or to keep an important meeting for later reference. Whatever the purpose, let’s check out the process involved.
- How to Record a FaceTime Call on iPhone or iPad in iOS 13
- How to Record a FaceTime Call on Mac running Catalina or Mojave
How to Record a FaceTime Call on iPhone or iPad in iOS 13
There are a couple of methods to record a FaceTime call on an iOS device. In the first one, you can only record the screen video and not the audio. The second method requires a Mac. Let us dig in and explore both.
Record a FaceTime Video Call Using Screen Recording
- Open Control Center. For this on iPhone with Face ID, swipe down from top right of the screen, where the battery indicator is. For iPhone with Home Button, swipe up from the bottom of the screen
- Tap on the Screen Recording icon. In three seconds, it will start recording everything that is on screen. (Follow
- Open FaceTime app or Phone app and make a video call.
- After you end the FaceTime video call, tap on the red bar at the top or top left of your screen to stop video recording. Tap Stop from the small popup.
- In a few seconds, the video will be saved to the Photos app. You may view it from there
Record a FaceTime Call on iPhone with Audio Using Mac
- Use a proper lightning cable to connect your iPhone to Mac
- Open FaceTime app on your iPhone. Keep the screen unlocked
- Open QuickTime Player on Mac
- Click File → New Movie Recording.
- Drag the volume slider all the way to the right.
- Click on the small down arrow next to the red grey record button. For Camera, select your iPhone. For Microphone, ensure it is Mac’s Internal Microphone.
- Now, click on the red grey record button.
- On the iPhone, make a FaceTime call. Make sure you talk loudly so that the Mac records your audio adequately
- Once you hang up the FaceTime call on iPhone, click on the stop button in QuickTime to stop the screen recording. Next, you will see the preview of the iPhone’s screen recording.
- To save it, click on File from the top and then choose Save.
- You can also click the red window close button from the upper left. Rename the file and click Save.
How to Record a FaceTime Call on Mac running Catalina or Mojave
- Open FaceTime app on your Mac
- Press Command+Shift+5
- Click on Options and select Built-in Microphone.
- Now choose to record full screen or select a portion of the screen where your FaceTime window is
- Once done, click on Record. The screen recording will immediately begin.
- Now, initiate a FaceTime video call.
- When you are done, click on the small circular button in the top menu bar to stop the screen recording.
- You will see the video as a thumbnail in the bottom right of your screen
After a few seconds, it will automatically save to your desktop. Or, you may click on this thumbnail to play the screen recording, trim it, save it, or delete it.
That’s all, folks.
Please note that you are not allowed to record voice or video calls in all countries and regions. It may be illegal to record a conversation without informing the other person. Make sure you read your local area’s law related to this before you begin recording business and other such calls.
Some More Interesting Posts For You:
- How to Use FaceTime Effects on iPhone and iPad
- Steps to Make Group FaceTime Calls on Mac
- Best FaceTime Alternative Apps
- How to Do Group FaceTime on iPhone and iPad
Have a question or suggestion? Please mention in the comments down below.