There is one little but very important feature—the ability to allow users to zoom-in photos more comfortably— that has been missing in Instagram for long. To be more precise, the moment you lift your fingers while viewing any image using the pinch in/out gesture, it gets back to the normal. Hence, you must keep your fingers on the image to view it. It’s really not a convenient way to get a closure look at an awesome shot, is it? However, there is an easy way you can zoom-in Instagram photos on your iPhone and iPad.
Before you become a bit too curious about how it works, let me break the ice straightway. You can magnify the screen of your iOS device using the Zoom feature; which has been the part of Accessibility suit for quite some time. It’s designed to be immensely helpful for the folks who have vision impairments. But anyone can take the full advantage of this neat feature to view things with more clarity.
That’s why we’ve come up with a little trick that’ll allow you to zoom Instagram pictures. Looking for the trick? Here we go!
How to Zoom-In Instagram Photos on iPhone
Apple’s iOS is quite cool. It has a built-in feature that allows you to zoom-in any picture, anyway and lets you see the clear details of it. So we’re keeping this in mind and we’ll use the feature for our purpose. To get started we’ll just enable the “zoom” feature with the steps below.
Step #1. On your iPhone, open the Settings → Accessibility
Step #2. There’s an option called Zoom, just flip it On.
We’re ready to zoom any photo on Instagram.
To use Zoom:
- Double tap three fingers in order to zoom
- Then Double tap three fingers to in order to move around the screen
- Double tap three fingers and drag to change zoom
- Tap on the handle (controller) to have more options like Zoom out, choose a region (like Full-screen zoom or Window zoom), resize lens, choose a filter (like Inverted, Greyscale, Greyscale Inverted and Low Light) and Show/Hide Controller. Make the best use of these features to view photos and videos more vividly
- Once you have viewed your favorite images, just double tap with three fingers to close the zoom window. To bring it back, just double tap with three fingers on the screen
- If you want to completely turn off zoom, head over to Settings → Accessibility → Zoom and turn it off.
Instagram, with more than 700 million active users, is one of the loved social networking apps. Recently, the app has added a number of interesting features like the ability to let you send disappearing photos and videos, block inappropriate comments, stream live videos and more.
If you want to use this app in a better way, check out this complete guide.