Launchpad is a significant feature in macOS Sierra. Designed to manage apps with consummate ease, it boosts the user experience of Mac. I, for one, like its iOS-style functionality.
If you have used Mac for long, you may have mastered Launchpad to the perfection. But the friends, who have just entered into the ever-growing macOS ecosystem, wouldn't find it too straightforward right away. That's why; we have tried to help those folks have a good control over this handy feature. Let's walk along with me!
How to Use Launchpad in macOS Sierra on Mac
- Activate Launchpad on Mac
- Launch an app in Launchpad on Mac
- Search an app in Launchpad on Mac
- Add an App in Launchpad on Mac
- Organize Apps into Folders in Launchpad on Mac
- Delete Apps in Launchpad on Mac
- Apps Missing from Launchpad
How to Activate Launchpad on Mac
You can activate Launchpad in three easy ways:
#1. Simply click on the Launchpad icon (rocket-like) in your Dock.
#2. Use four-finger pinch gesture on your trackpad.
#3. Press the Launchpad (F4) button on your Keyboard.
How to Launch an app in Launchpad on Mac
Step #1. Open Launchpad.
Step #2. Next, click on the app you wish to launch.
- In order to move between pages of apps, you need to swipe left or right on your trackpad or Magic Mouse. Or press Command-Left Arrow or Command-Right Arrow.
How to Search an app in Launchpad on Mac
Step #1. Open Launchpad. Then, choose the search bar at the top center of the Launchpad screen.
Step #2. Now, you need to enter the name of the app you want to search.
How to Add an App in Launchpad on Mac
To add an app to Launchpad, simply move it to the Applications folder in the Finder. The app will automatically appear in Launchpad.
How to Organize Apps into Folders in Launchpad on Mac
You can put apps into folders – which are a group of apps – to better organize your Launchpad. It's perfect for putting similar apps together.
Step #1. Open Launchpad. Now, you need to click and hold on the app which you want to keep in a folder.
Step #2. When the app begins to wiggle:
- To move the app to another page: Simply drag the app to the edge of the screen, then release it once the page shows up.
- To group apps in a folder: You need to drag one app over another to create a folder. Then move the apps to the folder.
- To open and close a folder: Click the folder to open. In order to close it, click anywhere outside of it.
- To move an app out of a folder: Simply open the folder, then drag the app out of the folder.
- To rename a folder: You need to open the folder, click the existing name, then enter a new name.
How to Delete Apps in Launchpad on Mac
Don't need some apps in Launchpad? You can get rid of them.
Step #1. Open Launchpad on your Mac.
Step #2. Now, you need to click and hold the app which you wish to delete until it starts wiggling.
Step #3. Click on the X at the top-left corner of the app.
Apps Missing from Launchpad?
Head over to this complete guide to bring it back the app which is missing from Launchpad.
That's all there is to it!
Find this article helpful? It would be cool to have your say in the comments. Stay tuned with us for more such tips…