iOS 14 and iPadOS 14 are now finally available for download and install on your iPhone and iPad. If you’re a casual Apple beta user, you might want to remove your iOS 14 beta profile and move to the official version to experience a more stable operating system. Besides, the official iOS version should include a few more new features that you couldn’t use in beta. So, here is how to update your iPhone from iOS 14 beta to the official release.
How to Update from the iOS 14 beta to the Official Release
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap on the General.
- Select Profile.
- Tap on iOS 14 Beta Profile.
- Now, tap on Remove Profile.
A popup will appear asking you whether you want to restart your device now or later. Tap Restart to reboot it at the moment.
After your iPhone is restarted, your beta profile will be removed. Now you will be able to download and install the official version. You’ll be notified with an alert on the Home Screen once the official iOS version is available and the beta profile is expired.
To do so, go to Settings → General → Software Update → Download and Install Update.
How to Update to the Official iOS 14 or iOS 14 Release using Your Mac
Note: We recommend you to Backup your iPhone data before anything.
- Connect your iPhone to Mac via the USB to Lightning cable.
- Put your iPhone in recovery mode with these easy steps.
- Once it is in recovery mode, a Finder window will popup on your Mac.
- Click Restore when the option appears to install the current non-beta version on your iPhone.
Note: Make sure the process will erase your iPhone and install the official version of iOS 14.
Now, let the restore process to be complete and give Apple ID and Password if asked. Once your device is restored, set it up with the help of archived backup you had previously taken from the older iOS version.
The official version will let you experience all the new features flawlessly. After moving to the official iOS14, the iPhone Home Screen might not seem different, but you will experience stability in a lot of features compared to the beta version. Download and install it now and share your experience in the comment section below.
You may also like to read these
- How to Use iPhone App Library on iPhone
- How to Make Full Screen Siri on iPhone
- Use New Translate App in iOS 14
- Use App Clips in iOS 14 on iPhone