It’s been quite some time that the beta version of iOS 15 has been around, and it has made life easier with the iPhone. Redesigned notifications, Spatial Audio, and tons of other interesting features to keep you hooked on.
Given all of the advantages of using iOS 15 beta version, it is still a test version and has lots of bugs/errors in the software. That’s why it’s important to upgrade to the stable version of iOS 15 which has been launched currently. Trust me, you will feel a magnetic pull to your iPhone with this latest update.
To upgrade to the stable version, you need to first remove the beta profile. This blog will illustrate how you can remove iOS 15 beta from your iPhone and install the official software.
How to remove iOS 15 beta profile from your iPhone
Alright, let’s check out the beta version of iOS 15 so that you can finally upgrade to the official one. But before you do that you would like to back up your files on iPhone.
Once you’ve done the back up, you can confidently remove iOS 15 beta from your iPhone. Just follow these steps and you’d be good to go.
- Go to Settings.
- Tap General.
- Scroll down and tap VPN and Device Management.
- Tap iOS 15 Beta Software Profile under configuration profile.
- Tap Remove profile.
- Enter your lock screen passcode and hit done.
- You will once again receive a prompt saying Remove. Tap Remove.
- Tap Restart to apply the changes and remove beta profile.
- Wait for your iPhone to restart. Once it restarts, go to Settings.
- Tap General and VPN and Device Management. You won’t be able to see the beta profile anymore.
You have successfully removed the beta profile. Now you won’t receive any updates for the beta version. But the device will still be running on iOS 15 until you install the stable version.
Note: You will be directed to the 6th step only if your iPhone has a lock screen password. In case you don’t have a lock screen passcode, you will be directly taken to step 8 upon tapping ‘remove profile’ in step 5.
How to install official iOS 15 on your iPhone
Now let’s see how to install the official/stable iOS 15 version on your iPhone.
- Go to Settings → General and tap Software Updates.
- Toggle ON automatic updates if not already done.
- The stable iOS 15 version update will be displayed on the screen. Tap Download and Install.
- Tap Agree to accept terms and conditions.
- The stable iOS 15 will be downloaded on your device. Tap Install Now to install the same.
Your iPhone will turn off and restart by itself. Once done, you can see that the stable iOS 15 version has been installed by viewing it in the Software Updates section.
So there you are. You feel resurrected and roaring like a lion with the latest official iOS 15 running on your iPhone. That’s a toast to all the exciting new features and upgrades you are going to see and experience.
Read on to stay updated on all your queries about the iPhone.