Sometimes you wish to share a customized, exciting new watch face with your family or friends. With the new and improved watchOS 9, you can share Apple Watch faces easily via any mail, media, or chat app.
You can share watch faces, especially the ones you created, in several ways. You can do that using either your Apple Watch or your iPhone. Below I have mentioned the detailed process for the same.
- Share watch faces via Apple Watch
- Share watch faces via Watch app on iPhone
- How to use the shared Apple Watch face
- Long-press the watch face.
- Tap the Share icon in the bottom left corner.
- Tap the watch face name.
- Now, choose whether you want to include complications without data or not include the complication at all. Tap Done.
- Now choose the contact from the existing list.
- Finally, scroll down and tap Send.
Now, if you don’t have a saved contact, do the following:
- In the sharing menu, scroll down to Messages.
- In Messages, tap Add Contact.
- Select the contact you want to add.
- Scroll down and tap Send.
- Open the Watch app on your iOS device. You will see the My Watch tab.
- Under My Faces, select the watch face you intend to share.
- Tap the Share icon.
- Select how you want to send it.
- Choose a contact. Tap Done.
If the watch face is sent using iMessage or the Mail app, then the recipient will receive an attachment.
- Open the attachment.
- Tap Add to My Faces.
- Once it’s added to your collection, just apply it as you apply any other watch face.
How to save watch face to your files
For services other than iMessage, follow these steps:
- Go to the attachment.
- Tap the Share button.
- Now tap Save to Files.
- Choose a location, iCloud Drive or On My iPhone.
- Now tap Save.
Once you have saved the watch face, do the following to use the same:
- Open the Files app and select the watch face file.
- Then tap Add to My Faces.
Points to note about the shared watch faces:
- If you choose to use a particular shared watch face, the complications and other designs will be carried over.
- Third-party app complications will not work on the recipient’s Apple Watch by default. There will be an option to download the app or proceed without complication.
- After adding the new shared Watch Face, you are not limited to the design, colors, style, etc. You can customize it according to your choice.
The process of sharing watch faces is effortless if these are received via native Apple apps like iMessage, Mail, or AirDrop. Alternatively, adding it to your collection involves a couple more steps, so we prefer that you share your watch faces via your Apple Watch through the built-in iOS apps and keep the hassle away. Are you going to share or receive watch faces from your friends and family? Do let me know in the comments.