Carrier settings updates on your iPhone and iPad are a way by which your mobile network company introduces updates and fixes to improve cellular network connectivity or boost the performance.
Apart from that the updates also add new features like Voice over LTE (VoLTE) or Wi-Fi Calling. They also bring improvements to messaging, personal hotspot, mobile data, voicemail, and more.
Usually, when available, you see a pop-up for carrier settings update on your iDevice home screen after restart. In case you do not, you’ll have to manually check and install the carrier settings on your iPad and iPhone or force update it. To do this, follow the steps below.
How to Manually Update Carrier Settings on iPhone or iPad Running iOS 13
Step #2. Open the Settings app and tap on General → About
Step #3. Tap on Update from the pop-up.
Some Points to Note
- On the About screen please wait for 15-30 seconds. If you do not see a pop-up asking for an update, this means there are no pending carrier updates for you.
- If the carrier has released a mandatory update, you will see OK instead of Update.
- When you insert a new or different SIM card into your iPhone or cellular iPad, you have to download the latest carrier settings. Usually, you automatically see a pop-up, but if you don’t, follow the above steps.
- To see the carrier version on your device, open the Settings app → General → About → Carrier. You can see more info when you tap on it.
iPhone Updated to the Latest Version of Carrier Settings!
These were the ways to install the latest version of carrier update for your iPhone. I hope these easy steps did your job. If you have additional questions, please ask in the comments section below.
You will love to read:
- How to Stop iPhone, iPad, and Mac from Auto-Connecting to Saved WiFi Networks
- Steps to Save Mobile Data for Netflix on iPhone and iPad
- How to Download and Install iOS Update on iPhone with Mobile Data