If you enjoy multitasking, it’s possible to play YouTube videos in the background on iPhone and iPad. This means you can use other apps while listening to your favorite content. Usually, this feature is only available on the premium version of YouTube, but in this post, we’ll show you two alternative methods to try. Let’s have a look.
- How to Play YouTube Videos in Background in iOS 13 on iPhone or iPad
- How to Play YouTube Videos in Background Using Dolphin Browser on iPhone or iPad
How to Play YouTube Videos in Background in iOS 13 on iPhone or iPad
- First, launch Safari on your iPhone/iPad.
- Type youtube.com in the address bar and play the desired video.
- Tap on AA and Tap on “Request Desktop Site.”
- When the YouTube video begins to play in Safari, go to the home screen.
- Go to the Control Center and tap on the Play button.
While you are following the above steps, you should keep in mind that it is a workaround; we have tried this on our iOS devices multiple times.
Sometimes, this works and sometimes it does not. If things do not develop as per your expectations, do not lose patience. You can keep following the above method for two-three times and you will get success.
If the above method doesn’t work, you can use Dolphin web browser to play YouTube videos in the background on your iPhone and iPad.
How to Play YouTube Videos in Background Using Dolphin Browser on iPhone or iPad
- Download Dolphin web browser app on your iOS device if you don’t have it already and open it.
- Go to http://www.youtube.com and select a video you wish to play and tap on the play button. (It may ask you to open in the app, tap on cancel.)
- Now press the Home button, and video will automatically pause.
- Swipe up from down to bring Control Center.
- Tap on the Play button, and your video will resume.
In most of the cases, the Dolphin workaround works well.
So, make the most of this little but handy trick to enjoying your favorite videos while using other apps on your iOS device! Also, let us know your feedback in the comments below.
You might want to check out these posts as well:
- How to Live Stream iPhone/iPad Screen to YouTube
- How to Change YouTube Videos Playback Speed
- Remove All Offline YouTube Videos at Once
- How to Enable Dark Mode in YouTube