Anyone who has your WhatsApp number can view your ‘status’ updates. It’s a convenient way to share glimpses of your life or any photos or videos. But there are many times you may want to hide a WhatsApp status from some contacts without resorting to blocking them. Thankfully, this is possible through a unique feature called Status Privacy. Let’s check out how it works.
How to Hide or Show WhatsApp Status from Specific Contacts on iPhone or Android
Step #1. Open WhatsApp on your iPhone or Android.
Step #2. Tap on Status tab from the menu section.
Step #3. Select Privacy from the top-left corner of the window.
Note: For Android device tap on the three-dot icon from the top-right of the screen and select Status Privacy.
Step #4. On this page select who can see your status update from three options.
- My contacts – This allows all your contacts to see the status
- My contacts except – WhatsApp status will be shown to all contacts except the people selected
- Only share with – Show WhatsApp Status to only these specific contacts
Step #5. Tap on Done to save the setting and exit.
Whether you use WhatsApp business or a regular one, you can hide WhatsApp status from some contacts in these simple steps. Follow the same procedure to add or delete specific contacts. Though the feature can only be enabled via the mobile app, the WhatsApp web will carry the settings.
That’s all folks!!
In the world of numerous messaging apps, WhatsApp is maintaining a strong market hold. It is all thanks to such upbeat features that WhatsApp is liked and used by almost everybody. The only thing currently missing is a dark theme, though there is a cheat code to employ Dark Mode for WhatsApp Web.
Here are a few more tricks that can help you enjoy WhatsApp more:
- How to Create and Add Custom Stickers to WhatsApp on iPhone and Android
- Send WhatsApp Images Without Compression on Android and iPhone
- Hide WhatsApp Message Preview on iPhone and Android
- Steps to Enable and Use WhatsApp Web with iPhone
Keep watching this space for more such interesting insights.