The moment you exchange your WhatsApp number with someone, you give them access to your status as well. Though there are times when you don’t want to share something with all your contacts. Understanding the conundrum, WhatsApp has incorporated a unique feature called Status Privacy.
Thanks to it, you can now hide WhatsApp status from specific contacts on iPhone or Android devices. By default, a status can be seen by someone when both the parties have each other’s number stored in their phonebook. Our phonebook is not exclusive to just our family, friends, and colleagues. It extends to clients, acquaintances, and some undesired contacts as well.
The feature is a great way to manage who can or cannot view your status, ensuring that it reaches only those people who you want.
How to Hide or Show WhatsApp Status from Specific Contacts on iPhone or Android
Step #1. Open WhatsApp on your iPhone or Android.
Step #4. On this page select who can see your status update from three options.
- My contacts – This allows all your contacts to see the status
- My contacts except – WhatsApp status will be shown to all contacts except the people selected
- Only share with – Show WhatsApp Status to only these specific contacts
Whether you use WhatsApp business or a regular one, you can hide WhatsApp status from some contacts in these simple steps. Follow the same procedure to add or delete specific contacts. Though the feature can only be enabled via the mobile app, the WhatsApp web will carry the settings.
That’s all folks!!
In the world of numerous messaging apps, WhatsApp is maintaining a strong market hold. It is all thanks to such upbeat features that WhatsApp is liked and used by almost everybody. The only thing currently missing is a dark theme, though there is a cheat code to employ Dark Mode for WhatsApp Web.
Here are a few more tricks that can help you enjoy WhatsApp more:
- How to Create and Add Custom Stickers to WhatsApp on iPhone and Android
- How to Send WhatsApp Images Without Compression on Android and iPhone
- How to Hide WhatsApp Message Preview on iPhone and Android
- How to Enable and Use WhatsApp Web with iPhone