It’s common for users to accidentally delete or lose valuable WhatsApp messages. We have all experienced this feeling, and it can be very difficult to bear. But this agony ends today as I introduce you to the ways you can backup your WhatsApp messages on iPhone. So, without further ado, let’s ensure that your cherished memories are always safe and sound.
- How to backup WhatsApp chats and media to iCloud from iPhone
- How to enable auto backup of WhatsApp chat history on iPhone
- How to restore WhatsApp messages and photos from backup on iPhone
- Importance of regularly backing up WhatsApp data
How to backup WhatsApp chats and media to iCloud from iPhone
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Navigate to iCloud → Show All when prompted.
- Scroll down and toggle on WhatsApp.
- Now, open WhatsApp on your iPhone → Head to the Settings menu.
- Select Chats from the interface.
- Tap Back Up Now to proceed.
- You can further include video files in your backup by enabling the Include Videos feature.
- Note that the Backup may take a while to run its course, so kindly be patient.
The duration of the backup process is contingent upon the size of the file as well as the speed of the internet connection.
How to enable auto backup of WhatsApp chat history on iPhone
- Follow steps 1-5 outlined above to access the Chat Backup menu.
- Select the Auto Backup option and select a time frame as per your preference.
- You can choose from Daily, Weekly, Monthly, or Off.
- Tap Back once you’re good to go.
This procedure acts as a foolproof method to keep your WhatsApp messages out of harm’s way without having to manage them manually.
Alternate ways to backup WhatsApp chats from iPhone
- As an alternative to backing up WhatsApp chats, you have the option to email the entire conversation to your ID, effectively archiving all messages securely. To learn how, follow our complete guide on exporting WhatsApp chats from iPhone.
- As a last resort, you may also use a third-party app to backup your WhatsApp chats from iPhone to Mac.
How to restore WhatsApp messages and photos from backup on iPhone
Whether you’ve performed a device reset or are setting up WhatsApp on a new device, you might be asked to restore your chat history from iCloud.
- Ensure that the Apple ID you used to store the backup is the same one you used for signing up.
- Download WhatsApp from the App Store.
- Use your official phone number to sign in.
- Once verified, tap Restore Chat History when prompted.
- Wait till the file is completely downloaded.
- Your backed up media and chats will be offloaded to the new WhatsApp account.
Importance of regularly backing up WhatsApp data
Being the primary mode of effortless communication for many, WhatsApp has become a backbone to maintain professional relationships and businesses. It further comprises crucial business conversations, important contacts, and vital documents.
Having a backup copy is essential for data protection strategies in the ever-evolving digital landscape with increasing online threats like hacking or cyber-attacks. With so much at stake, one cannot afford to lose everything to a mistake or error. As a result, it’s prominent to perform a regular WhatsApp backup.
It’s the best possible way to safeguard your data against unexpected data loss due to phone damage, accidental deletion, or software glitches.
If you’re not interested in using iCloud to store your chat history, then there are a series of amazing third-party cloud storage services and software. However, it’s important to consider that iCloud is a seamless and recommended solution for iPhone users.
The amount of iCloud storage you need for WhatsApp backups depends on the size of your chat history and media files. WhatsApp backups are usually smaller in size, so the free 5GB of iCloud storage should be sufficient for most users.
No, deleting the WhatsApp application from your device does not affect the saved backup on iCloud. It will remain intact and secure until you opt to manually delete it from your iCloud settings.
Preserve and protect!
By following these simple steps, you can now rest assured, knowing that your cherished conversations and precious memories are securely backed up. Whether you’re upgrading to a new iPhone, dealing with software updates, or simply taking precautionary measures, regularly backing up your WhatsApp data is a habit worth forming.
Thank you for reading. Please leave your thoughts in the comments below.
Readers like you help support iGeeksBlog. When you make a purchase using links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read Disclaimer.