Read Receipts in WhatsApp is a great feature that lets you know if and when the receiver has read your message. Considering that the feature can notify the sender about the same, it isn’t largely appreciated. If you too find yourself in the same situation and wish to turn off the WhatsApp read receipts on iPhone, here’s how you can do it.
How Do WhatsApp Read Receipts Work?
Read receipts are represented by blue tick marks in your WhatsApp chats. When you send someone a message, a single checkmark emerges beside the time stamp in your chat. When the message is delivered, it shows double checkmarks next to the time stamp. Once they turn blue, that means the message is read by the person.
- The feature in WhatsApp works both sides. Once you turn it off, no one can see if you’ve read their message and you too can’t know if somebody has read your message.
- Read Receipts in group chats and play receipts for voice messages remain as an exception when you turn off the feature.
How to Disable WhatsApp Read Receipts on iPhone
- Open WhatsApp app on your iPhone
- Tap on Settings from the bottom
- Go to Account.
- Select Privacy.
- Turn off the Read Receipts toggle.
We hope this helped you! No one can see the blue double checkmarks in the WhatApp chat with you from now onwards and the same goes for you.
Do you know that you can also turn off Read Receipts in iMessage on your iPhone? Pick up our simple yet complete guide for the same.
You may also want to read these quick guides!