Does WhatsApp work on iPad? You might be surprised to know that it is possible to get WhatsApp on iPad. However, the way to do this isn’t straightforward. By default, WhatsApp Web doesn’t work on the iPad. There is a workaround that lets you use it, though.
Following these steps, you’ll be able to use WhatsApp on your iPad in no time. Note that because of some inherent limitations with iPadOS, there are certain things you won’t be able to do. However, you will be getting the core WhatsApp experience.
How to Get WhatsApp on Your iPad running iPadOS 13
Step #1. Visit the WhatsApp Web website on your iPad with the Safari browser. This is the URL for WhatsApp Web: web.whatsapp.com.
Step #2. You will see a QR code show up on the website.
If you have an Android device, tap on the three dots at top right, then tap on “WhatsApp Web.”
Step #4. Tap “Scan QR Code” on your phone, then scan the QR code on your iPad.
- Because of the way that iOS handles notifications, you won’t get notifications from WhatsApp Web.
- You will see the contacts on your iPhone or Android device, not the contacts on your iPad itself.
- You can add a WhatsApp Web icon on your homescreen. Do this by tapping on the share button, then tapping on “Add to home screen.” However, do note that this will just open the WhatsApp web as a normal browser page and not as a fullscreen Web App.
- Photos and media from your iPad can be shared over WhatsApp Web. You can also save media to your iPad.
- It’s possible to both send and record voice notes from your iPad on WhatsApp web.
Despite these limitations, most core WhatsApp functionality is right there. You can still make use of incredibly handy features like font formatting.
That’s all folks.
It isn’t as simple to use WhatsApp on iPad as it ought to be. Still, you’ll be able to do this with these steps.
You might want to take a peek at these posts as well:
- How to Make Stickers for WhatsApp on iPhone and Android
- How to Send WhatsApp Images Without Compression on Android and iPhone
- How to Hide WhatsApp Message Preview on iPhone and Android
- How to Activate Dark Mode on WhatsApp Web For Mac and Windows PC